Anyone have any tips on preventing myself from trying to mind read people?

It's been a serious bane to my existence for a loooong time. I want to stop this bad habit. Anyone have any tips? maybe techniques?

ok, lol, I don't mean mind reading as in a super power, I mean attempting or assuming to understand what someone is thinking without talking to them.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• Wow people it's a psych thing. *palm to face* What I do is I imagine pushing the insecurity/ judgement to the back of my brain and move forward like it's not there. Depends how serious your issue is. I have a friend with extreme social anxiety and am trying to get her into therapy. What they do for social anxiety is retrain how you think which fixes your worries and how you act because you work through the anxiety. They can also prescribe antianxiety stuff along with the therapy. I would recommend going to a psychiatrist, pro help is great. Hope this helps!

• find something to do that is constructive and doesn't annoy other people.

• just don't. that's what I would do

• i have that same problem with my x-ray vision.

What Guys Said 1

• Ask and try to guess what somebody had for breakfast in the next couple days and when you inevitably get it wrong you will realize your not psychic and can't read people's minds, thus being able to move on with your life.