What does this text mean!?

"I love you too. Don't take that too seriously."

In response to me saying I still liked her (generally speaking, not like like) after a misunderstanding. Explain please. Am I right to feel :( by that since I do like, really like her?

Every answer to this was wrong. Including my own. :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly, I woudln't say that she only likes you as a friend. You just told her you liked her but no like like. How is she to respond to that? Stop texting each other weird random messages. Or, text her back and say, "Actually, I do like you." See what happens.

• I never told her that I don't like like her! I just was explaining here what she was replying to when she texted that.

• OK, then what was she replying to? It is so confusing... and seems random.. perhaps she is confused too? I mean, she might like you but feels unsure if you like her. Just be straight.

What Girls Said 3

• If every answer was wrong... then what? Most everyone on here said it meant she liked you as a friend, except mine. My answer was that your text was confusing and that her reply just followed your confusing text (and that it didn't really mean she only liked you as a friend). SO - ? :-) What happened ?

• Yeah, sorry, I forgot your answer. You were right, she was confused, I was confused, everyone was confused. :-) She does like me as more than a friend though... onwards and upwards. ;-)

• Yaaah.. :-)

• so what's the right answer?

• that she likes you as a friend, but not in a boyfriend/girlfriend way

• Urgh... I thought so. :-(

What Guys Said 2

• I think you know exactly what it means. You're in the friend zone

• Yeah, I thought so... thanks anyway. :-(

• a friend is a friend is a friend