Why would a guy stop kissing his girlfriend on her lips?

he only kisses me on my checks and neck but he says it is temporary but I can't understand why he doesn't want to kiss me on the lips and this is happening for at least a month, and he doesn't want to say why.

its not bad breath, I don't have braces, and we don't have any STDs.
he says he is focusing more on the emotional and intellectual parts rather than the physical part of the relationship right now. idk.
answer: he wants to practise christian dating. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• "he says he is focusing more on the emotional and intellectual parts rather than the physical part of the relationship right now."

Maybe he thinks that kissing on the lips is using your body, but kissing you on the cheek is just an expression of affection.

• thats a possibility, esp. like how we ain't having sex right now either

• In that cases, you should at least appreciate that he is going out of his way to make sure he doesn't treat you like his personal plaything. You have a keeper, I think.

• cho/wow, OK. great.

What Guys Said 4

• Could be lots of causes. He may have a cold sore and don't want to tell you that. He could have strep or been exposed to something like that. You never know. Give it a while and see if everything gets goes back to normal.

• possible, thanks for answering

• Ask him then tell us. I'm flummoxed.

• ok. when I asked he said, its temporary, he loves me and he is not even kissing his ma on the cheeck right now.

• He's trying to decide if he likes you or your lips.

• ok that seems like a possiblility. :)

• hes not into your breath, kissing style, or you period.

• it can't be none of those, because there is nothing wrong with our breathe. we always kiss previously so its not the kissing style, and he sayd he love me.

• Great news, thanks for the update!

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe he has like herpes or something and had an outbreak?

• no, we are clean, we don't have any STDs

• i said we are not currently having sex, I ain't getting crazy. we did in the past a few weak moments. we haven't had sex in months. but basically his mom doesn't want us to kiss for a while so we can focus more on the companionship aspect of the relationship.

yeah. you will never understand where I am coming from until you live in my enviroment which will never happen.

• you never know :) but OK, have fun with that relationship ;)

• Maybe you have braces, bad breath or maybe he wants to mark his territory with a hickey,...lol,...I have no idea maybe you should ask him why and don't allow him to kiss you until he explains himself.

• we don't give each other hicky and we don't know how to do that. and we don't have bad breath

• im no psychic but maybe he doesn't know how to kiss.

• naw, we kissed a lot of times in the past.

• dump him he's not interested esspecially if your still having sex he's using u

• we ain't having sex nor kissing on the lip so he ain't using me

• MONO?! It's pretty serious and maybe he's embarrassed.

• mono?

• ok, I don't think it is that though, I would have notice him going to the doctor or something

• bad breath?

• none of us has bad breath

• lol I don't believe he's not straight forward when it comes to kisses. When it comes to big issues, will he torture you for an answer like that?

• naw, I dnt think so.