How fast is too fast to get into a relationship?

i have been seeing this guy for just about 3 months now and we dated for 3 weeks... but we both decided that we are spending way to much time together so we decided that we need to slow down and take some time apart. Problem being we live together and he begged me to continue living here and that we just try to find a bigger place with upper and lower suites so we can still semi live together. we were just friends for a bit and I know we did that right but I guess we both felt pressured to get into a relationship so soon after getting out of major relationships. so how fast is to fast and were do we start from now but slower?

I am the girl who jumps into things both feet before I think lol with him I'm willing to take things slow since he seems like a guy I could really be with for the long term( we are a lot alike) but he is one of those guys who takes things slowly so far and he even said he wants to make things work with us and he's not good in relationships and he's still not fully having his heart broken and it may take him a bit (its already been 3 months) and I'm willing to wait but don't know were to go from here

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're comfortable, go for it. People are different and have different perspectives. Do what feels right for you, dear :)

What Guys Said 4

• Dating for 3 weeks doesn't seem like much of a stretch for me. That's a long enough time to get a feel for someone. If you both are thinking that the relationship is going too fast, maybe it's time to slow down. Something may be holding you back. Do you really want to be with this person besides the fact that you are a lot alike? Sometimes its good to take a step back and reassess the situation for what it is. Plus the fact that you two are living together already is a major step. Sorry I forgot to address that. Everything else you mentioned is pretty normal, but the living arrangements are atypical. Is it because it is more economical for both of you this way or is the relationship based on sex (sleeping together?). For me, living with someone I recently started dating would be a lot of pressure.

• Depends. I am a slow person and it gets me month, but I know people who can jump right into it. Day is enough for them.

• 3months yeah be careful of the friendzone. Unless your really hot then your good

• fastest I got in a relationship was after 1 1/2 days after meeting

What Girls Said 2

• yeh it really depends on the two people involved. My best friend met this random guy online and they started meeting up and all..and after a week they were in a relationship, and now they have been together for 6 months already and they're going pretty strong but I also know some people who cannot do that, like me for example lol I would never be able to get into a relationship that fast..it all depends on how strong you feel yourself :) and you'll know what to do :) and if it he wants to take things slow then that's best..you both want to feel completely sure and right about it.. :]

• I started dating my current boyfriend after one week of getting to know him. We have been dating for 7 months now, and I really feel like we will be together forever. Well at very least until death.

I believe that everyone have different paces of relationships though, and you need to step back and gauge yours. I know its hard sometimes to see the bigger picture, but you need to set a time for yourself. Tell yourself "If nothing new has happened by (insert date here) then I am going to move on." Of course don't tell him that because then it seems like your giving him an ultimatum. Hope this helps(: