I'm afraid of getting an STD(s), and I don't want to date

I'm afraid that if I date someone, I'll get an STD by kissing them or something. I know this is kinda paranoid, but I read one question on here where the guy lied about having an STD and passed it onto her so I'm doubting wether or not to trust the people I date and if they're going to be honest. is there any way to make me less paranoid, or make it safer?

~all comments on all types of STD's would be good. (like, which ones can you get by kissing, sex, etc.)

Most Helpful Girl

• As far as I know, the only STD that can be transmitted through kissing, is the herpes virus. It's called the Herpes Simplex Virus, I believe. But this isn't only an STD, some people deal with this for their entire lives, and breakouts are sometimes triggered by stress. Most STD's are only transmitted through sex or oral sex. So your paranoia about getting a disease through kissing is unfounded, for the most part. If you're that concerned about it, the next time you start dating somebody, and want to make sure, ask him if he's been tested for STD's. There's really no way to get past this type of paranoia when dating someone new, except to ask if he's been tested.

What Guys Said 2

• You can't get any STDs from kissing but there is something actually called 'the kissing disease' you can get but it's only temporary and not bad symptoms wise. Not all guys are like that anyway, I hate the way some girls are like this. How come when one guy does something wrong all men are the same but whenever there is a slut somewhere all guys don't just think of them all that way.

• I hate it when people say "always use protection" erm... sorry but no! If you are gonna f*** a random slut, then yes use protection, but if you are in a relationship then most people want the sex to be good.. and you can't have good sex with a condom, every guy will agree.

And besides, genital warts arnt that bad LMAO

What Girls Said 4

• You can not get a STD from kissing on the lips hence the name sexually transmitted diseases. Herpes simplex virus-1 is the only way one may catch it through kissing, even kissing your parents goodnight. Have you ever had a cold sore before? In or around the mouth? Guess what sweetheart? That’s HSV1! And like most people, most people experience it. It goes away after a week or so. Honestly this shouldn’t prevent kissing and you shouldn’t be that worried, because if it was that big of a deal nobody would be kissing, right? I would be more worried about bad breath then that. I’m not saying you should go around kissing everyone, watch who kiss for sure. You must protect yourself from HSV2 “Genital Herpes” which can be seen either on the genital area or oral part of the body. HSV2 can be spread through oral SEX or vaginal SEX. Get the sex part? And if you two decide to ever have sex make sure to protect yourself and get tested if you must.

• Oh and if you were wondering, I've had a cold sore before and been tested for all STDs and all tests came back negative. =)

• The only thing you can get from kissing is a cold sore! Just relax cause you can see those ones. Make sure you always use a condom and ask I know they can lie but asking doesn't hurt. If your worried about it with oral too use a condom there too.

• Well to be honest when I was young I've ran into the land of STD's but that was because I was quite wild and sex was new for me so I had a lot of different 'partners' but if you are going for a relationship the chances will be much slimmer than having sex with random guys/girls.

Wouldn't be to paranoid about STD's drom kissing though and if you're willing to have sex with someone your in a relationship with you can always get both yourselves tested. This should work and don't be to paranoid just relax sex is a beautiful thing

• you can usually pick em, just stay away from the jocks. you can tell whos decent (usually).

and always wear protection ie.condom. the pill doesn't do anything but prevant pregnacy