Are the movies honestly a bad "first" date?

OK, we all know first dates are about "getting to know each other" right? you can't talk during a movie, and while you could do something before or after the movie, a lot of the times, people need to get home early or w/e.

I'm in a situation where if I were to ask this girl out, id probably wind up going to a movie. that..or even going back to my place or her place to see one. see, I work in a library, she comes in every Tuesday and I've grown to really like her and I have reason to believe she does too. she's always looking at the movies. so I'm thinking well, she obviously likes watching movies, why not just go to one, she might like (figuring out what are her favorite actors/tresses and genres). but, is this really the best idea for a "first" date. I dk

Most Helpful Guy

• Do what you want. If you like movies... you'll want a girl who likes them too.

Dont listen to these girls saying "oh, it isn't terribly original". Whatever. You don't need some girl you'll have to entertain. You're not a f***ing entertainer, you're a person looking for something. This is about mutual interest, it's about finding someone you can bond with, for both of you.

I don't know about you but I can only maintain conversation so long. A movie is a nice 'intermission'. You get to shut up and just see if you like her energy. How you get along when you're not constantly yaking. And you can hold her hand, and feel if you two have some affection.

I think any girl who is thinking about your setting choice for the first date... instead of what kind of person you are and if they like you... is a SHIT choice. She is needy and shallow and the two of you will ultimately go no where. The right girl is too excited about going out with you, that she could care less what you do.

But that's just me.

• I totally agree with this. I've been on two movie first dates and they both went awesome.
      As long as you're not JUST doing the movie, there's nothing wrong with a bit of quiet time.

What Girls Said 3

• The movies is a good place because you can figure out what kind of movies each other likes when you both try to figure out which one to see. Also, it's just a quiet time to bond. Then, you can go to dinner after and talk about which parts you both liked and get an idea of their sense of humour.

• Not horrible, but terribly unoriginal. I've had two movie first dates, and they were alright. But with my most recent boyfriend, we went to the city near our town (we lived in a small town), and we ate at a semi-fancy restaurant, then walked around the city all night. It was great.

• hun you want my opinion? well I would say not for a first date, you need to get know each other better. which I think would be good for first dates are going to a coffee place or maybe go for a walk in a park or just like go window shopping and stay in a public place and talk get to know each other! :) now for a second date movies would be good! :) good luck with you date I hope I was able to help!

What Guys Said 3

• I'm a movie fanatic. I'm obsessed with movies. However a first date shouldn't be @ a film because YOU CAN'T TALK! Have dinner or coffee first.

Eventually, I'd have to go on a date with a woman at the theatre. That's what I'm about.

• Not good for getting to know each other

• Yes, it's a bad idea. As you said, you can't really get to know each other and don't go anywhere in the relationship. What's the point other than seeing if they'll go on a rather useless date with you?