Text or call? what do you prefer?

Last Saturday I met this girl at a party. We talked for like 20 minutes and I got her number.

I've already texted her and didn't hear anything (texted her yesterday evening, now it's 12.46 the next day).

Should I have called? So she thinks I'm not afraid to talk or something? Cause yes, if I'm honest I prefer texting cause it feels way safer than calling.

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah texting is safe but No the fact that she hasn't responded at all means she was just not that serious about it, not that into you. Us girls do this a lot when we are having a good time and a guy asking for a number is flattering because we know we got it going on and so we do it if he is not abd looking but don't plan to pick up since he wasn't really our type. So don't take it personal. She just wasn't that interested.

What Girls Said 6

• Texting because;

1) I don`t want to always talk, I`d rather text and because I can pause and think about what I want say

2) Cheaper than calling

3) I can pause and think about what I want to say back and reply back in my own time

Yes, you should call her just to see what's up and to see why she hasn`t texted back and then ask her if you should text her later.

• I would call her, it may be that she is busy ? if she does not answer or call back then she is not interested.

• Hmm. Live, face-to-face is my favorite, but if I can't get that, a phone call is nice, since you can enjoy hearing the goofy/sexy inflections in the person's voice when you're interacting with them. I only resort to texting/emailing if it's not convenient for both parties to be on the phone at certain times of the day (due to work schedules, etc.). I don't like people who hide behind chat/text messaging and refuse to call/meet for a basic conversation -- it's just rude.

• Calling is best to start with. I gave my number to a guy recently and was a little ticked he texted instead of called. It's nice to hear the voice of the person you like, too. :) I find texting a little impersonal. Once you get to know them, then text away. But call to start!

• You should call her. When guy is texting me, I get a feeling that he's not confident enough.

• If you're really into the girl, call her. Texting is for ugly people and booty calls.

• Texts.

What Guys Said 1

• you are damned if you do and damned if you don't, lol.

the younger the girl, I think the more into texting she will be than receiving a phone call. I even had a girl tell me in person when we bumped into each other randomly "hey, I got your voice mail from a week ago, but I haven't listened to it yet" . . . she was 26. Any older I say call. Any younger, definitely text. Also, utilize texts to set up the next date and nothing else except maybe a flirty comment here and there. . . . its easier to destroy the attraction via text than increase it (you'll do more harm than good by over texting, in other words). I know from experience. . . and not in a good way :(.