When first dating/getting to know someone, what do you keep hidden?

What information about yourself do you keep to yourself and do not reveal to a new crush until you got to know him a lot better or even date/hookup with? Women seem to especially be like this.

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot.

I just don't want him to know everything about me - no one does anyways.

Some parts of me are just for me.

I don't tell him things that probably won't interest him and the things I don't tell anyone else.

I only tell him things he needs to know and things he asks me (if I feel he can/should know them).

What Girls Said 3

• Everything.

• well I keep to myself my little insecurities & my ex's.. also I avoid telling guys thinks that I think they might not be interested in or things that sounds stupid & goofy unless the timing's right :P :)

• I don't purposely keep anything hidden, I just use common sense about what to discuss and what to save for later :P For example, I'm not about to tell him my entire relationship history right from the start, but if the topic comes up, I'll be honest.

What Guys Said 2

• You should never tell your date everything about you. Believe me no one wants to know and you'll sound super self-centered and into yourself. What you don't want to talk about:

1. Exes

2. A list of what you don't like (a little is OK, but don't get negative)

3. Carry on always about one thing (I noticed I tend to talk about my family alot- not always good)

4. Religion can turn some people off

5. Your insecurities. This is very bad. You don't want to look too sensitive.

• My antennae... under a hat. Usually puts off