How often is too much contact?

I like this guy. I sometimes think he likes me back, but I sometimes get mixed signals. We hung out last month and had a great time. We have been texting regularly since then, I initiate probably 70% of our conversations, usually every 3-5 days depending and what we have going on. I decided to wait to see how long it took him to text me first and he did after 6 days. He does start convos occasionally. I just want to know from a guys perspective how often you would want a girl to text you? He is mid 20's and a busy grad student. When I text him, he always writes back. Not sure if that matters or not.

I'm new to this dating thing. And don't want to come off as clingy.

What Guys Said 1

• It should be more contact. going 5 days is long, 6 is on the verge of completely forgetting about the person.It sounds like he is not in a position to be in a relationship with all his stuff.

I like when a girl gets in touch with me everyday (this of course applies to girls I really like). But! Don't overdo it and burn yourself out on texting. It's much better to communicate in other ways. Don't use texting as a crutch.

• Another thing, you hung out last month? That's not good. What's up with the big gaps between hang outs?

What Girls Said 0