Am I being too needy?

am I being too needy if I ask him to call me more? I'm dating a guy that on average gives me a call once every 3 days.

no we're not boyfriend and girlfriend, we're just dating. and the reason we can't just meet in person is because it's long distance. he's an old flame that came back into my life after 5 years of knowing each other. the only means of communication we have is over the phone, and we just talk once every 3 days...no texting or online chatting inbetween.

Most Helpful Guy

• That depends on how much you talk via other means. If you're not talking at all and he only calls you once every 3 days then you can go ahead and ask for more. However, if you two are frequently texting or talking online then every 3 days is prefectly fine.

~Distant

What Guys Said 1

• Not really. Depends on how long youve been in the relationship though.

However, instead of calling. Why don't you just meet up?

What Girls Said 2

• it sounds like he likes his space or is afraid of being too clingy himself. maybe he wants you to call him instead of him doing it all the time. try that, and see what happens. if, however, down the line you want him to call more, be like, "feel free to call me."

• Is he your boyfriend? If so, I don't think that's needy. If you are just dating he could see it as being needy. Need more info to give a better answer.