Bad that a guy doesn't pay on a date?

I'm seeing this guy casually and were just getting to know each other, we haven't kissed or anything... But when we go out he never pays, he offers in a casual way just politeness...

does he not like me?

or is he being cheap?

btw he said before he wanted to take things slow

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you two splitting the bill? Or are you treating him? I'm very much in favor of splitting. If you're paying all the time then something is wrong. When he says he wants to take it slow... it makes me think you definitely shouldn't be paying. If he liked you he wouldn't be using the "lets take it slow" line. He'd want to treat you too. He may be cheap. At the very least I wonder where his conscience is. Seeing him casually and taking it slow mean he should be paying his fair share.

• no I've never paid for him, we always split the bill...

so what do you think now? its okk he said to take things slow?

• Split the bill is perfectly fine. That's the way it should be. I don't know if he's not into you, or he's just not ready for anything serious right now. Or... he just wants something fair! Maybe he can't afford to treat you. If he still wants to see you that's your good sign. Splitting is good - guys will respect you more, treat you like an equal instead of a toy or an object. If you're saying it's casual... you're out of line expecting him to treat you.

• okay that makes sense... thanks for the advice!

What Guys Said 7

• Well if you are splitting the bill that's fine, in fact it's better because then no one feels like their getting taken advantage of. There are some people out their that always make someone else pay for them on dates and unfortunately they like the free meals, gifts, or whatever else more than the person they are on the date with. By splitting costs it helps ensure they are there to be with the other person, and not just there for the free ride.

• Do you know what kind of work he does? Maybe he can't afford it to pay. If he can, he's just being cheap. It has nothing to do that he doesn't like you, but some people are just cheap.

• were still at college so he doesn't work full -time or anything, he works part-time at a shop

• How much should he be spending on you in your opinion, so that you don't consider him 'cheap' or 'uninterested'?

• i don't even like people paying but my freinds all say that when they go out with boys, they always pay and never let the girls pay especially when they first went out so it makes me think he doesn't like me as much...

• Shallow friends...

• I don't see how it's any worse than you not paying. I actually like paying even for friends as a nice gesture but expectations that a guy will pay is off putting to me. I don't see how that helps with equality and seems digressive culturally.

• *checks calendar

Yep, it's 2011.

• He is not neccesarily cheap, but bad mannered. He should pay.

• a dick is wat he is
    ditch him

What Girls Said 0