Is it ok for me to text, or should I always wait for him?

For about a month, my boyfriend and I have always gotten together for dinner at 6 (we go to college). Every day from 4-5, he'll text me saying something about going to dinner, but every now and then he waits till like 5:45 and I get worried that he won't text me, and sometimes he'll text me at like 3. It really gets me on edge sometimes, and I get afraid he won't ask me to go to dinner with him. Would it be out of line, if I don't hear from him by 5, to text him and ask him if we're going to dinner? It all seems stupid, because we do it every day, but because we've only been together for a month, it's not "a thing" yet.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm sure that his variation in texting you are just a result of the hectic nature of a college schedule. Or maybe he's just absent minded. I doubt it has anything to do with disinterest or forgetting about you.

So no, texting him first probably will not be a problem. I can't imagine why any guy would get upset about it unless you're being really pushy, or insisting that he blow off something else to go to dinner with you. If all you're doing is asking, then I seriously doubt he'd be upset.

Honestly, I think you're getting anxious about nothing. Granted I don't know a lot about the situation, but from the sounds of it, this is a fairly minor thing that you're putting too much thought into. If you're going to get hung up on little things like this all the time, you're in for a lot of unnecessary worrying. So don't feel like you always have to wait around for him, if you want something and you have a reasonable request/question, he shouldn't be bothered by you asking him first. And if he is, he's probably a jerk.

And on a side note, if you've been going to dinner together every day for a month. I think that's enough to call it a "thing".

What Girls Said 0