When has a lie gone too far?

Girls and guys, if you had a boyfriend/girlfriend who cared about you a lot, but you didn't feel the same way would you feel the urge to lie to make them happy? Is it OK to lie to someone about being in love with them? If you do lie about something like this how long would you keep the lie going? Would you truly feel guilty for hurting the other person? If this happened to you, how would you handle it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls often force "I love you" out of a guy too early and the guy will then lie to her until he loves her. It's a lot easier and less complicated to lie to someone sometimes even though the principle of lying isn't a good one. It's better to explain to the person that you don't feel the same way but eventually will. As for how long the lie goes on - it's dependant on the person. Most people won't feel guilty about it. It has happened to me plenty of times and I often appease the girl since being honest has honestly never worked in my favour.

~Distant

What Guys Said 1

• That's awful. It will lead to a huge crushing. That shouldn't ever be lied about.

What Girls Said 1

• Of course it's not OK. You hurt the person more by stringing them along than by telling them the truth. It's also selfish - if you don't care about the person chances are you're lying to him because you do feel guilty and you don't want to hurt the person, probably not because you really want to make him happy.