Why don't guys text back?

Ok so wtf! I send a text to a guy and he answers than I send another one and he doesn't answer back... or they go days without talking to you and when you finally text them you talk for a whole 5 minutes than they stop texting you. Or they expect you to text them. Or they just use one word answers... Why is this? I prefer talking on the phone much more but honestly what is the whoop!

Most Helpful Guy

• You? Not getting a text message back? Come on...

Well, if I'm into a girl a lot I will definitely text back within the hour. Actually, I have certain rules I follow

1. I don't like the girl: I don't text back

2. I'm not particularly fond of the girl: One word responses

3. I like the girl: I text back within an hour or if I can't, I'll text her later on with a change of topic, just to let her know I am returning the text, or, if it's impossible for me to text and carry on a conversation, I'll text saying that I can't text right now

4. I love the girl: Same as 3.) except I'll be a little unpredictable with texting, just to give her butterflies in the tummy, hey, I don't want to come off desperate and I want to play it cool of course!

Hope this helps

What Guys Said 5

• As in real life, if I don't dig a conversation, aka it's boring, I don't participate. Start a new topic, maybe interest will pick back up but if not well..don't worry about it. There's more dude to go around.

• Y don't guys tet back...cuz they are not that into u.

• I usually always text back girls unless they are being utterly stupid.

I've been in the same situation where the girl I'm talking with won't text me back and frankly it kinda pisses me off. I end up wondering what happened and why she didn't text me back. Stupid people and their f***ing games.

• Sounds like you talk to really stupid guys. I don't do that sh*t.

• Text me! I won't leave ya hangin! :-D

• Noooo this question is from 8 months ago it's embarrassing don't read it. Lol too late.

What Girls Said 1