Why have I never had a girlfriend?

So I am 21 and never had a girlfriend. I used to be very shy, but now I am more on the outgoing/normal side. (I know I sound full of myself but trust me I am very humble) I am really smart, I'm an engineering student and very worldly and well rounded(I know a little bit about everything). I am honest humble kind polite ect ect. I think I am good looking, or so I have been told by quite a few women. I have plenty of confidence and have no problems with approaching random girls I have never met and starting a conversation. I am fit, very outdoorsy also(I could give bear grills a run for his money).

However I am a bit of a loner in ways, I have friends but I just don't hang out a lot, I like to socialize but I am more inclined to do things by myself just out of ease. I have always been very independent and walked to the beat of my own drum. I know one reason is that I just don't hang out around a lot of girls. But why don't I have a girlfriend? what am I doing wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• you're too worried about who to approach when and how...make friends with all people, including girls. as of right now your treating them like theyre some special race of human who deserves special treatment when that's just gonna screw you over. just walk over to girls confident because you say you are o so amazing. or just walk over because you don't need their approval. if they don't approve their bitches and don't worry about those chicks. if you wanna meet a chick, do it. then get her contact information...durrrrrrrrrr

What Girls Said 2

• You just haven't found a girl who finds you physically attractive, sexually appealing & interesting yet.

• Approaching women and following through is the very idea. Even guys who aren't ambitious or good looking can get women if they approach and follow through. You'll of course have a better chance if you're more of an "ideal mate," but if you're not taking the initiative and being the leader, you won't get far.

What Guys Said 2

• Man, believe it or not, if you just focus on your studies, and more importantly, on living and loving life, you'll attract women like bees to honey.

Though saying that, women aren't going to be attracted to you if you don't make yourself known! Do the socializing thing: go to parties/events (there's tons of those happening around uni/college) or join clubs and get to know people, and more importantly, get to know some of the ladies.

There's no real secret to it, just stay positive and outgoing, and you'll definitely find one.

• you are missing something, you havnt asked if you NEED a girlfriend
    im 20 and have never had a girlfeind but I also don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. if you are involved in your hobbies you shouldn't have time for a girl anyway

• Ya I used to be like that although while I don't need a girlfriend, I really really want one.