I don't know how to act when I am first starting to see a guy. Advice please?

I mean in the beginning phases of dating someone, when you are first "talking."

I purposely try to give them space, and I would like to talk a few times a week, even if its just through texting. If we are JUST getting to know each other I try to not to put pressure on them into thinking they NEED to be in a relationship with me.

I try to act open-minded to the things they say, I will text them first about half the time, and I just want to keep in simple. But for some reason or another, all of my potential relationships fall apart after a month or so.

I've been told SEVERAL times that the guy didn't want a serious relationship, basically implying all they wanted to do was hook up. But they made it seem like they wanted to date me, and as soon as it got more serious, and they saw I wasn't a hoe, they bailed.

Also, I've heard that I wasn't straight forward about my intentions, but who says right from the beginning, "I want to be with you?"

And another thing, I have been told I either text them too much or I don't text them enough. I feel like every now and then isn't that big of a deal, especially when you are trying to get to know someone.

So basically, I am in desperate need of advice. How often should I talk to them? How interested should I seem? I don't want to creep them out but I don't want them to think I want them only as a friend either

What Guys Said 1

• It really doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong it more seems like the guys. If you're worried about how much to communicate, a guy that's into you won't mind texts from you.

What Girls Said 0