Do you worry you might die alone?

I've been steadily getting less shy around girls for the past year or so, but it still seems like every girl I meet isn't interested. I know I just have to keep trying but I really just want things to go somewhere with a girl for once.

I've heard and read all sorts of advice and some of it helps, but I'd like to think that of the girls I have met at least a couple were interested - so why haven't I managed to get a girlfriend yet?

Most Helpful Guy

• when I feel like I'm going to die alone, I listen to Adam's Song link then I realize I'm not really alone, and I feel better :)

• Great song (and band). Thanks for the answer

• Wow, I just listened to that song for the first time. Awesome song. Speaks to many painful experiences and thoughts in my own life, and then it speaks of hope.

What Girls Said 5

• I can honestly say that I know how you feel. Guys just never seem to be interested in me. They seem to look at me from afar, but never actually go for it and lose interest after a while, even though I'm trying to give them the 'green light'. Just as I really begin to have an interest in someone, they suddenly don't show interest any more. I often doubt myself and think they were never interested at all - that I was just being overly optimistic.

As a fellow shy person, I'd say just keep doing what you're doing. Continue to build your self-esteem and tell yourself every day that you're great. Go out and try to meet new people, someone is bound to come along! :)

Or as my motto goes: keep hope <3

• Sounds about right...

These "green lights" you speak of are pretty hard to see sometimes though! :P

I try to keep pretty optimistic and I really enjoy meeting new people so soon enough I guess things will work out!

• Haha, I know. But we try!

Good luck, I hope everything goes well for you :)

• No I'm a woman.

Studies show men make up the majority of the people who die without sex or a relationship.

• What a comforting thought that must be ;)

• Pretty sure a significant amount of women do too. I don't think it's a substancial gender difference though.

• Actually only a low number of people die alone in the sense of virgins no relationships.

And men made up more of that low number than women

Look it up.

• No, you're too young to think about it and also, you have time to be that confident person to ask girls out.

• i'm pretty sure I'll have enough money for a hooker

• Hah that's like "cheating" the question though isn't it?

• just be confident and keep asking girls out!

What Guys Said 7

• Keep improving, my friend. Keep growing in confidence, making new friends, flirting with girls, working on social skills, going after your dreams, learning about life. With every girl you meet you're gaining INVALUABLE experience. Some shy/socially-anxious guys take an extremely long time just to get to the point where they're actively meeting girls (sounds like I'm talking from experience, right?).

In short, keep taking action. That's how you'll win.

• Don't be silly, we're all going to die together.

In Chinese labour camps.

• Okay I don't know if you've heard this before, but I know how you feel, I'm 20 years old and I was very shy, I finally got my first girlfriend when I was 19 she was my first kiss, she was only 15 years old and on our six month anniversary she left me, I'm worried ill die alone because she's the only girl who's ever been interested, I'm finally getting over it but it hurt me a lot, so as a fellow shy person to another, if you can make em laugh and your conversations don't die, they'll most likely give you a chance, I'm a decent looking guy but I know its really hard when your shy trust me, I have acne too and I'm very self conscious, bottom line is keep conversation and be funny and you'll find someone, I'm talking to a new girl now and it seems to be working, your probably a little better off then me, my first kiss was at 19 and I'm still a virgin but its all in your words bro

• I used to. These days I still think it likely I'll die alone, but I mostly stopped caring :)

• Everyone dies alone.

• Nope, I don't really think about it.

• I figure I'm likely to die alone, but I'm not really worried about it. I've pretty much just accepted it by this point.