Girls would you date a friend even if you weren't attracted to them?

Girls - would you go on a first date with a friend that you have known for a six months even though you weren't attracted to him - knowing that nothing would ever happen between the both of you? However, since you thought he was nice guy, you didn't want to turn him down. Has anyone done this before?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have never dated a friend because I don't have male friends and I don't quite get this whole opposite gender friend deal because time after time it seems one of the "friends" is really romantically interested in the other. I see so many times that this creates problems and the friendship ends because of it.

I have dated guys that I was not attracted to. I did not think nothing would ever happen, but instead was trying to keep an open mind to see if something would develop.

I personally would never date a guy again I was not attracted to. Friends were encouraging me to date guys that I was not in to and now I see that, at least for me, attraction is either there or it isn't.

What Girls Said 8

• Yes, I've done it before. But not because I was positive nothing would ever happen, but because I knew he was a nice guy, I didn't want to hurt him, and I wanted to give attraction a chance. The attraction just never formed for me though =/

• See I have known this guy for years and two days ago we finnaly hung out we smoked weeed and that was it. but I really don't know if I like him I mean when he texts me its cool but not much but everyday. I can't figure it out...hes a little chubbby but kinda sexy..freaking funny though. but we might not even have a chance so why sweat it! ANYWAYS. But you should just ask her out on a date, you don't always know if you don't try. For sure you always like someone when you see them but if you hang out. THAT the key. :)

• I would go out with him, but if I wasn't attracted to him then there wouldn't be any physical stuff like kissing.

lol

It would be going out and dating a friend just for fun, but if I sensed the guy was wanting more then friendship, then I wouldn't want to lead him on. I would tell him I wanted to enjoy his friendship only.

• Yep! I knew that my friend was a really nice and caring man and that he would treat me better than any man that I had previously been with did, so I went for it even though he wasn't the most attractive male out there and I am extremely happy that I did, were still together after so long and I've never been so in love. :)

• Yes, and I did. Two years ago, my best guy friend told me he loved me. I said no at first because I wasn't really attracted to him, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I had just never looked at him in that way. We started dating and have been together ever since. There is no such thing as a better relationship than one with a person who has been your best friend. You get along great, and you already know everything about each other. It's wonderful. :)

• ill give him a try since he's my friend. but if I'm not attracted to a guy, never will I go on a date unless its a blind date. don't wanna waste both our time

• Nope. If I'm not attracted and I know it'll never go anywhere for me, then there's no point.

• Yep, I went on a date with a guy I wasn't attracted to at all but I still like him, and actually I had a really good time, and it wasn't weird. Dates aren't always all that serious if it's just about having a good time :)

What Guys Said 0