Have you ever been stood up?

Hey...so, I was basically just stood up by my bf...he lost his wallet, so he couldn't go on this double date that we had planned a week ago...I know it wasn't his fault, but I'm still really pissed...have you guys ever been in a similar situation? I just feel really alone at the moment...

hey you guys...so, yes, yes, I know it wasn't his fault, but the feeling was there, I was hurt and a little angry when I asked this, I was just looking for someone to relate to is all :) but thank you everyone! <3

Most Helpful Guy

• There are some things not in the post.

1. Did he let you know that he wouldn't be there?

2. Was his driver's license in the wallet, and was he the driver?

My advice: chill, let it go.

If you don't, you risk turning him into a non-boyfriend.

What Guys Said 6

• I have never been stood up and losing your wallet is a very legitimate reason for being stood up. However, unfortunate it may be.

• i once got trashed too bad and accidentally went to the wrong place for a first date. but I tried to apologize and xplain but she never went out with me again. I felt like a real asshole. never got loaded b4 a first date again I learned.

• Women always stand me up. At least a couple times a month I'll have a date with one and she'll cancel right before the date saying she's "busy". It's like they love knowing they have a date but don't actually want to go out. Maybe I'm a monster or something. Whatever.

• you're not a monster! I'm sure you're a sweet guy :) some day you'll find a great girl :)

• Yeah, I am a sweet guy and that's the problem. When I act nice they think I'm boring. When I act like a jerk they're a lot more into me. It's depressing. I just want a sweet girl who likes me for me, not some macho emotionally distant facade I put on to excite her.

• I don't get why girls don't like more guys like you! lol jerks are jerks and don't deserve the attention that they get...just be yourself, don't pretend otherwise, though it might take a while, you'll find someone who loves you for who you are! XD

• Yeah definitely don't be mad! Losing your wallet freaking sucks. It is very VERY scary. A man's wallet is his life. I wouldn't say you were stood up. That's like saying his grandmother died and he didn't come.

• I know he didn't mean to, and trust me, I've lost my wallet too, it sucks lol but it was just irritating and even though I knew that he didn't stand me up, it felt that way

• I see. Similar feelings all the same. It happening for real though is so much worse!

• Wait wait wait, that's not being stood up if he lost his wallet.

Being stood up means you have a date setup or whatever and the person just never shows nor do they call or anything to cancel.

If he genuinely lost his wallet how can you even be mad at him?

• Yes. I got stood up by a girl because she decided to go on a date with a different guy that evening.

What Girls Said 3

• It always makes me mad haha! Especially if I get all ready and then an hour before the date or whatever, something comes up. Haha! I try to not let it get to me, and just try and make plans that night since I'm already ready mine as well go out with a friend :)

• haha that's EXACTLY how I felt! thank you :) it all just sucked ass because first he was gonna be late then he couldn't go at all so I had to tell the other couple on the double date that we had to bail and yada yada yada...it was just crap, but thanks for relating :)

• Yep, my ex would always say he's gonna take me to the mall, have his friend drive him to pick me up and we will go. He had to have promised me that at least a thousand times, and it never happend. But what did happen is him giving me a tun of excuses each time that I didn't care about. Now if I'm being told or promised something, if it doesn't happen by the second time, I don't put any energy or thought into it.

• yeah I have been stood up before. Like my husband would tell me he had lunch at 11;30 and then he lied because I was there waiting for him for like 2 hours or so and he never showed up and it was because his company decided that they were going to make him work through his lunch. So I mean it's understandable.