Should I go to homecoming?

It's this upcoming weekend. Tickets are just now going on sale for 20 dollars. I'd be going stag. again. the only way I've ever gone to a dance. I've never been to homecoming before and I'm a junior now. Two of my friends are going together, but a few of my other friends are going stag as well. My crush, however, is going with one of our mutual friends. (Who we actually met through before there was any romantic interest between them) And I'm not sure if I'll be able to take it without feeling too jealous or down to party. (Dumb, I know, but I'm like that) It could turn out fine for me and we could dance anyways because she's pretty popular and will probably want to hang with others which might give me a socialize window.

Oh, I don't know.

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, take it from someone who never went to theirs, JR or SR. GO !, forget about your crush, ( I know but try really hard) and keep an open mind, go for you, have fun, dance with some nerd just cause you want to dance, do what you want to do, let loose. That nerd you danced with may end up a "handsome" business executive in 10 years and you wished you would have looked at him for him when you had the chance. Take it from the band / smart nerd / jazz boy who 10+ years after HS, has it all including 6 pak abs now, great job, and secure. And that varsity cheerleader girl is 100 pounds overweight, fugly, and divorced the QB after 7 years of marriage with 3 kids and a pisspoor attitude cause she doesn't have her looks to get her around in this world. (sorry but saying what I have seen. GO HAVE FUN< its your Homecoming too.

What Guys Said 2

• It's just homecoming, unless you really like dances or socializing with others, don't worry about it, it's not that big of a deal. As for the boy, you'll have TONS of other chances.

• All that is a joke. we don't have home coming, semi formal, junior prom, Senior day, spirit week. we have senior prom, as a society we have to understand that in reality none of that shit really matters.

What Girls Said 2

• You should go, I was in the same boat as you. I went fresh and soph year solo, and even though I got asked by a few guys this year to homecoming I wasnt really interested in any of them and they were all just weird situations so I said no. I ended up not going even though I had friends that went as couples and solo, but to tell you the truth I really wish now that its over that I would have gone. Think of it this way, you only get four chances to go to homecoming during high school. Four chances! And then its gone. Don't miss out and regret it like me. Just go, have a good time, and show those boys all the moves I know you've got. Knock'em dead sweetie!

• You're going to be mad at yourself a few years from now when you realize that you missed out on some great memories for such a frivolous reason.