Date outside your race?

This question is a three parter.

1. Would you date outside your race?

2. Would you date outside your religion?

3. If your parents don't like you dating outside your race would you still date that person?

0|0
36|10

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. I'm black/ African American and yes I would. I have only dated outside my race so far.

2. That's tough. As an atheist, I'm out numbered, obviously. I prefer to date other atheists or agnostics, but I'm open to dating people who believe in other things. (I have dated people who are not atheists or agnostics before.) They just probably won't be devoutly religious. I don't see that working - I'm very anti-religion in general, but especially against the mainstream, monotheistic religions. In the face of devotion to god and religion, I find I'm more likely to have major disagreements on things like politics and morals. People who tend to be very into traditional Christian teachings, for example, tend to have different morals and beliefs than I do. I'm also bisexual and very into the lgbt community so I can't tolerate any homophobic or anti-homosexuality beliefs in my relationships either. That's one of the many ugly qualities I tend to find in people who are heavily religious and take god and religion very seriously. Opposites attract sometimes but I think the best relationships, even with opposites attracting, involve people who have the same fundamental ideas and morals in common.

Other than that, it isn't my ideal, but I can live with it as far as dating is concerned. Its probably a good thing, in a way. Marriage and children, on the other hand...that's an entirely different ball park. Lol

3. I've always been my own person. I associate with many people my parents don't approve of and I've been in relationships they disapprove of as well (ESPECIALLY the lesbian relationships, they hate that). I follow my heart where it leads me because at the end of the day I have to live with the happiness or dissatisfaction resulting from my decisions. If I miss out on someone I like of any race, culture, or gender because I'm trying to be what someone wants me to be, I can only blame myself when regret settles in. They'll be fine and live their lives while I look like the stupid bitch who couldn't make her own decisions. I feel bad at times because I am so independent in terms of my beliefs and choices, but even my mom said she admires that about me, that I always stand up for what I believe in. My parents don't have a problem with race, but if they did, it still wouldn't matter. I love them but I can't live FOR them.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 35

• 1. of course haha.

2. It depends.. I'm a little prejudiced against Christianity and Catholicism simply because I find they're more likely to want to convert people. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of catholic and christian friends but when it comes to relationships, I am generalising here and I appologise, but they're more comfortable with people of their own religion and religion is generally a large part of a person's spirituality and sense of self and I doubt I could be fully comfortable being in a serious relationship with someone who's sense of identity and self came from a religion I personally disagree with. Though in saying this, I don't have a problem with people believing in 'god' but people that accept the bible as wholly/holy literal truth open to no interpretation. This I very much disagree with.

3. My parent's don't have a problem with me dating outside of my race but I do get teased a little cause they think it's funny I've dated more Indian and Asian guys than Caucasian, and they mightn't be happy if I dated an Aboriginal guy. My grandpa, who is Ukrainian, is prejudiced and would prefer I date a Russian, Ukrainian, or Polish guy, or at the very least a Caucasian guy but in all honesty, my parent's aren't prejudiced toward any race or religion, but If they were, I'd be less likely to date outside of my race because I'd feel a little self conscious. I wouldn't be afraid to stand up to them if I loved the guy though.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Yes, ofcourse. I am native Swedish and I like Asian guys :)

2. Yes, but I don't want to be forced by my man to wear a hijad or something. Personally, I am an Atheist, but I have respect for all religions, but as I said, I just won't be with a man that forces me to do things that I don't agree with. And it's not just religous stuffs that counts in there :)

3. I would try to make them change their minds! Even though my parents are very OK with me dating people outside my race, and they have a very big respect for people that is Asian or African or souht European etc :)

But if they for some reason would have a problem with me dating a guy outside my race, I wouldn't care abou their opinions, because it's MY life and MY choices.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Totally. I actually prefer it.

2. I try to avoid it, but where I am, it's hard NOT to.

3. I would without hesitation if I were of age and independent in life.

I wouldn't if I still relied on them for a significant amount of things.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Without a second thought.

2. I'm an atheist. While I'd prefer to date someone else atheist, I probably would, but I would never be able to date someone who would push their religion on me, or anyone else.

3. My parents are great, and I love them, but I make my own decisions as to who I date.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) Yes, I`ve done that already.

2) Maybe. Actually, yes. I don`t knnow how the long term would go though.

3) If I had strong feelings for them, I would.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would consider dating outside my race but if they are mixed with the same race as me I would for sure date.

I'm a Christian so if he believes in Jesus id date him but other than that no

If both my parents didn't approve then I think its a sign to break up

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. yea I would date outside my race if if I found the person attractive and really liked them.

2. yea I would date outside my religion

3. My parents don't really care as long as the person treats me with respect.

1|1
    0|0
  • 1. Currently doing it, its really easy too, here in Canada xD

2. Again, currently dating someone of another religion

3. Depends, my dad ... well, the nicest way I can say it is I don't care what he thinks

My mom on the other hand, it depends what her reason is, and even then, I might still

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Yes

2. Yes - I stick with mine, he sticks with his (no one throws anything into the other person's face)

3. Yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would I like someone who's half Asian

Yes because I'm an atheist but I would convert for anyone unless I really loved them.

Yes I would if my parents want to stop me from being happy when they aren't very good parents :/

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Would you date outside your race? I'm not really attracted to any race but my own ^^"

2. Would you date outside your religion? Not seriously.. It would be too complicated.

3. If your parents don't like you dating outside your race would you still date that person? Yeah.. That's a dumb reason to not go out with someone. Unless your parents have a problem with the way they're behaving or something it shouldn't matter. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I would date outside my race, and have. I'm agnostic and I don't like people who are too religious. My parents would prefer me dating another asian, but frankly, I am almost never interested in asians. I would and have dated even if my parents don't like it, and will probably marry outside my race.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1.yes

2.doubt it,but I'm open to it

3.yes,they'll just have to deal with it.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1. Definitely

2. I'd prefer not to, but if they're really special, then yes. I respect that not everyone holds my same beliefs.

3. Yes if the person was really special

0|0
    0|0
  • yes

not sure

it would be hard but yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1 yes

2 no

3 yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not my religion but otherwise who cares

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) I would but only with a latin man

2) flat out no

3) yea, they have no say so in whom I choose to be with. but I'm pretty sure they'd be fine with it, as long as he wasn't white...

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Would you date outside your race?

Yes

2. Would you date outside your religion?

Yes

3. If your parents don't like you dating outside your race would you still date that person?

Sure would.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1.yes

2.yes

3. My Parents are dead,so...

0|0
    0|0
  • I have, I have, and I sure as hell would. My parents don't mind, but its not something they would do because, 1 theyre married hahaha and 2 its not the way they were brought up

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. yes

2. probably not

3. um yeah, I can't help who I like. this is the 21st century

0|1
    0|0
  • 1. Yes I would

2. Yes I did

3. Yes I did (religion tho not race)

0|0
    0|0
  • If he's mixed then sure

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) Yes

2) No

3) Yes

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes, they need a better reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Well yes because I am mixed so that question is kind of hard to answer...

2.lol don't really have one

3. yeah I don't really care what my parents say. love them to death but they aren't gonna tell me who to date.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Kind of hard for me to as I am triracial :P

2. I am an atheist. I would date someone religious, but not too fanatical about religion.

3. My parents are an interracial couple. :) They don't care who I date. They just want his or her character to be good.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Yes

2. Probably not. If you believe in some type of god, then it won't work.

3. Mine don't care about the race. My family just makes fun of whoever we date.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 10

• 1. No, I will only date Humans.

2. I don't technically have a religion, so I would date a girl with any religious beliefs.

3. I wouldn't tell them. Thankfully, they don't care what race I date.

3|1
    0|0
  • 1. Almost always do.

2. No

3. I've already become my parents, but thankfully they weren't bigots.

1|0
    0|0
  • 1.Yes

2.Yes

3. They don't care who I date, I have my own life if they cared they can deal with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) Definitely

2) I have no religion, but I also wouldn't date a person closed off to anything BUT they're own religion

3) My parents can go...umm well let's say it wouldn't matter what my parents thought. I've been independent since I was like 10 years old anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • 1) Yup, race doesn't mean a thing to me.

2) Don't have a religion, but if my partner did, I'd be cool with it as long as they weren't crazy bigots trying to convert my all the time.

3) My parents are liberal as hell, but even if they weren't, it's up to me who I date, lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • 1. Yes as I'm usually more attracted to girls outside my race

2. I'm atheist so I would date any girl regardless of beliefs if she didn't have a problem with how I am

3. My parents don't care about race

1|1
    0|1
  • 1. Doin it right now.

2.Sure, why not?

3. I'd be confused at first but then I'd realize that I don't give a f*** cause it's MY girlfriend. Haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes to all

0|0
    0|0
  • omg ! This exactly my main problems, the girls who showed they are interested in me I can't date them because of religion, race, culture(you know parents pressure) seriously I don't know what to do about it, it hurts a lot and I don't see that I have any chance to be with one of those girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Hell no.

2. Yes

3. Nope

What is wrong with these girls, but hey, as long as when they date interracially, they don't date Black Man, I'm fine.

1|0
    3|0