Never been on a date before, what would you do if yo uwere me?

Here's the problem, I'm 23 year old I never date a girl before , I live in the states but I'm originally from different culture and religion. Many girls showed me they are interested in me, but because of the different religion , I never approach them, it is so painful and they might think I'm rude for ignoring them and all of them were nice and cute girls , my religion don't allow me to date or have any relation outside marriage, unfortunately I lost all those girls, I'm afraid to lose another one I'm not sure if she will understand me and convert to my religion so we can get married , there are beautiful girls from my own culture but to be honest I'm attracted to American girls, what would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I think it's a big thing to ask your partner to convert to a different way of life.

Of course, it depends on what kind of American girl you find, America is a giant mix of women from different places and cultures and religions. I live in the states, but I'm foreign and I have no religion at all, so I'm just one example. Personally, I would not convert to any religion. I would accept and probably embrace my partner being religious (depending on how strongly religious he is), but joining him is not something I see myself doing.

Other women who ARE religious, even though they may be some other faith might be more inclined just because they have a faith-based background. It depends on how long you're together, how in love you are and what your plans for the future are.

I think it will be difficult for you to find a woman to marry right away without any dating unless you get pretty lucky. You might want to talk to your family and your religious leader about this - as them how you would go about finding the right partner and whether there's any leeway about dating, after all there are millions of Muslim couples in the world, they all found each other somehow.

What Girls Said 3

• It's a difficult question because nobody wants to be a bad advisor and tell you to forget about your religion.

But you have two options: 1. Follow your religion and marry some girl in your religion.

2. Forget about the religion and start dating.

The problem is that the cute american girls that you see are not virgins like you. How would you and your family feel about that?

Is your family OK with you marrying an american open minded girl?

and converting to a different religion is a huge thing. You can't expect someone to just forget about their normal life and convert because of you.

• I know some men that married American women, I don't know how it happened but I think if a girl that will love you so much she might accept you and have no problem converting to your religion, and what you mentioned is true sometimes I joke with my dad when telling him how much I want to marry American girl and he is like wtf are you talking about , I'm in a bad situation but honestly I find it interesting if you marry someone from different culture or religion

• well you are absolutely right and I know that, there is a guy in my neigborhood who has been dating a girl for five years , his mom is mad at him, just week ago he surprised his family he told them he has already scheduled a wedding party at the same day of the wedding , his mom is

• is in a bad condition right now , since he is her only son, thanks for your reply and what you said is so true I don't know how much later I can accept this reality .

• i guess you are a muslim, right?

im a muslim too, though I'm not that religious but I can easily understand you and your condition...

honestly, I think it would be so hard to find an american girl who is beautiful and interested in you and is able to deal with your condition and even change her religious for u!

but if its what really you want...(im not sure how strict are you in the religious and urfamily rules)...but if its possible first be in friendship with the girls you are interested in...try to make them understand the essence of your beliefs without put this pressure on them that if they want to be with you they need to change their behaviors or their religion...let them know you without your religion first...then if you can prove you are deserve to be with... they would do what ever to be with you ;)

good luck :)

• What's your religion? Islam?

• lol obviously it is

• congratulations ! and thanks for the hint , I'm not sure if it will work but it worth a try :)

• Another tip: Hang out in forums like Catholic.com. Sometimes ladies will be inquisitive about Islam. You will get some open minded girls there. And if you see someone you like get to know them on msn. Good luck ;)

What Guys Said 4

• Seek the truth and the truth will set you free.

• I'm 23 and never been on a date and if it was me I wouldn't let my parents or religion stop me from dating someone I wanted to, especially since all religions including mine have things in them that shouldn't be there but are. not to say everything in a given religion is wrong. And as far as patents go I don't let them control my life, it's mine and if they don't like what I do then that's too bad.

• 23 and in the same boat

• I'm not really sure seeing as I'm in a similar situation, 23 never been on a date, so still a virgin and painfully shy. I spent my time on my education so I didn't learn social skills when I should have and now I'm kinda screwed for life so to speak.