Making guys jealous?

Why do girls like to make guys jealous? I have seen it time and again, from myself to other guys and married men. So I was just curious as to why women do this.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a guy and I've experienced this first hand. I was in a relationship for 6 years and intentional jealousy helped end the relationship. There are two different types of jealousy that I have come to understand.

The first is accidental jealousy. Where a man or a woman in the relationship does not instigate the jealousy.

Example, some one compliments your partner and you feel jealous. The fact is your partner is receiving an abundant amount of attention from someone of the opposite sex. This may make a person feel jealous. In the end the person who was being complimented would be flattered and think nothing more and it may make them feel good to see their partner a little jealous.

The second type of jealousy is intentional or when one person in the relationship tries to make there partner jealous on purpose.

Example, a guy or girl whom your partner loathes walks into the room and you approach them and flirt with them. The intention is to make your partner jealous and to hurt them. This is narcissistic and in some cases sadistic. Believe it or not this is an abusive relationship.

Making your partner jealous is not the way to find out if they have feelings for you or not. I'm a man and when I notice a woman trying to make me jealous I understand they are trying to hurt my feelings to spark an emotion from me.

That hurts. And believe it or not, it doesn't make me feel any stronger for them. My feelings are probably less if anything.

The best way to find out someone's true feelings is to ask them. Let them know that you want to know the truth. Be prepared to be honest yourself, because the minute your partner thinks you are hiding something they will become defensive as well and the truth will remain a mystery.

In the end, it might make someone jealous to see their partner being hit on by someone else.

But when you hear a reply from your partner like:

"No thank you. I'm with my man," or

"No thank you. I'm all ready accompanying the most beautiful woman tonight"

That type of answer makes that little bit of accidental jealousy all worth it.