Guys, would you date a girl who makes way more money than you?

Is it a turn off or intimidating if a girl you are dating makes way more money than you do? What if she buys you expensive gifts etc and pays for your vacation etc... Would you feel bought?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be greatful for having a lady like that. Because she is doing all that to make both sides happy. Its about team work, but she has to know that I might not be able to do all that she can do for me.

would you accept the guy for making less than you then?

• Yes! He will be more valuable to me than anything else.

• Polictal correctness are for those who can't handle hearing the truth. What people say they want or think they want doesn't always coincide with what they admittedly want. Don't believe the hype you hear about feminism.

> link

> link

• People say that the patriarchy era was all about men controlling women. Did it have to do with control or biology? Why did that era exist in the first place? Men and women do not give their biology enough credit. I get my information from various sources not just what's on the web. If you're interested in the subject I have a great book I could recommend to you. The book was written by an anthropologists and was well researched. If you're interested pm me.

What Guys Said 33

• Are you the girl making more money than me? If so I'd let myself be bought... doctor

On a more serious note, men feel like they have to be the bread winners, pride, manliness etc. It's only a recent thing that women are no more independant, most young men now will have prrobably come from a home where the dad made the money/most money... it's something most will have grown up with.

As a lad... I don't think I'd be bothered. I'd just be grateful I'm with a girl who's making a good living and if things got serious, talk of family etc I'd actually be pleased. I'd happily look after my kids, work part time rather than go and work all day. She can do it instead :) hahaha

• Awesome actually considering my crazy work hours, I would settle with a guy who works part time or at least not as crazy as me.. But only if he wishes to do so.I believe in a relationship you have to respect and accept the other person the way they are and be thoughtful of what makes them happy.

• A person can't help what thier desired job pays... to want a partner to accept a job they didn't want purely for the fact it pays LESS money than you would be wrong.

I'm male, I'm proud, my dream - ''To look after my family, have a wife and kids, a wife, kids that love and value me''... We live in modern times and although my male instints tell me I should be doing the 'hard work' my heart says otherwise! I'd pounce on the chance to stay at home and look after kids if I could, let her sweat :)

• No for multiple reasons, one I have traditional views secondly the chances of that happening are very slim. The only high paying jobs around here in Kansas are mine, factory and plant jobs not really work that requires a women's touch plus women don't really do that kind of work.

• I have a partner that does make more than me but that's all right because she is doing what she loves and I am doing what I love. That doesn't mean she is better but we found something that will make us feel closer because we let each other follow our own goals with no thinking "I can't do that because it wouldn't be fair" or "society won't like us for bending the rules". We grew as two people looking to build a future together not two building for the one to support us.

• If she makes way more money then me then it would probably mean she is very successful. I would have a huge amount of respect and pride in her for that! It would also most likely mean she is intelligent, which is a HUGE turn on! So YES I would date a girl who made more then me and it would make her that much more attractive to me for being smart and successful!

• I wouldn't mind it but I also wouldn't want her to pay for absolutely everything. I would also like to contribute to some degree whenever I can.

• That's not gonna happen bc i will be earning more thann her. So no prob, i would date a rich girl

• I would defiantly date a girl who makes more money than me. Money is money

• so what she makes more money than you. You really gonna base a relationship of who makes more money and other trivial aspects in life? It matters more if you two are compatible and care for each other than anything else.

• I agree. We are very compatible in every way. I've never asked how much he makes.. I think it's rude.I don't want him to think I'm flaunting my money either.

• Never in a million years

• No it is an embarrassment to the guy and possibly hurt his pride. Maybe male gold diggers will date.

• It is a little intimidating because guys usally like to get nice stuff for their girl

• Say what sugar momma?! :D

• I wouldn't stick around just for money so no it wouldn't bother me

• Heck yes, it would take some pressure off me to bring in all the money. Go make that money girl!

• I won't care if she made more money than I do or if she bought/paid things for me but if she uses that to her advantage, then we'll have a problem. I know a few guys that broke up with there girlfriends because she made more money

• Yes haha

• No. I don't because I think guys want dignity

• Nope not

• Thanks is great

• Yes y not !!!

• Yes. Some guys are insecure about that because they have a traditional view that they should be the provider and therefore earn more money. If a girl earns more money then great! I wouldn't let her buy me heaps of stuff, it wouldn't be fair
    P

• In my point of view , i will feel useless :> but it doesn't matter if its true love because true love defeats everything

• As long as the love and commitment on both sides of the relationship I wouldn't feel intimidated by a women who made more than me

• No , cause she would always show off

• Yes ;)

• Yes why not

• No for a time period guys will notice she is not for love only for money then the guy will kick her out from his heart

• Yeah

• Sure we would if we love that person enough

• No i cant

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 0