Would you date a person with diabetes?

My sister has diabetes. she's 21 and has had it for 6 years. She has type 1 which cannot go away.

If your not familiar with it, it's not a contagious illness and its when insulin doesn't process properly through the body. Sometimes she might feel dizzy, and if not treated properly with orange juice or sugar, she could faint.

When she's "high'', it means that she has had too much sugar/carbs and needs to drink water.

She can take care of herself, but needs to take shots and might need help.

Would you?

Most Helpful Girl

• it's not the person is a problem, but that diabetes is genetic and can be passed on to children. that's the real issue

• Built in excuse not to have kids. That's pretty convenient.

• No. People who want kids are reluctant to marry someone with diabetes, because there's a good chance their kids will get it, therefore, they are reluctant to date someone with this disease

• There are a lot of genetic things that can get passed on. I guess some people will have an issue with it, but I still think that it's wrong to overlook someone just because they have Diabetes, no one is perfect.

What Guys Said 3

• It wouldn't be a deal breaker at all. As long as I knew what to do I'd be happy to take care.

• Contact me right away

• i'm going to be totally honest with this answer. my mom has diabetes and all my life I've seen her struggle. she recently had to had part of both of her feet amputated due to circulation issues which had to do with her diabetes. I've seen my dad having to stop working and taking her to the hospital and taking care of her and to tell you the truth I wouldn't date a girl like that. I know I'm thinking on the long run and I might sound like a totall d*ck but thts what I feel. even my mom has told me to look 4 a girl that doesn't have health issues so tht I could b happier. so no I wouldnt

What Girls Said 7

• I don't see any reason why I wouldn't.

• I would date a person with diabetes. One of my best friends has had diabetes for 5 years, and I don't think of him any differently than any other guy. Diabetes (or any illness) does not define who a person is.

• I would still date a person with diabetes,to me that's not a big dealbreaker

• i've dated someone with type 1 before. it wasn't a big deal to me at all. he taught me how to give him insulin shots- very simple.

• Yes my brother has diabeties type 1 too, so I know a lot about it and it isn't a dealbraker.

• if she was hot

• Why wouldn't I?