Why would a guy flirt and then reject you?

This guy had been locking eyes and conversing with me for almost a year. I decided I wanted to have more opportunity to talk to him about something he had mentioned previously , so I gave him a piece of paper with my email address, saying "Would you like this?". Out of the corner of my eye I saw him look at the paper with disgust, then he loudly asked "What is this?" " What do you want me to do with this?" I was so taken aback that I couldn't think of anything to say. Finally, I smiled and whispered "Hang out?" because that was all that what come out. Why on earth did he react that way?

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps you did something to raise a "Red Flag" to him. I once was on a blind date and because she mentioned something I have a serious issue with, I payed for the date and left her where she was. There are some things I am absolutely intolerant of. And this was at the top of my list... BTW, don't worry, I did not leave her there helpless... I met her at the location... I was there first, she drove herself there.

My point being, you may have done something he may disapprove of... Perhaps he was expecting a phone number opposed to an email address. Perhaps that was the point of contention.

What Guys Said 1

• Is he a Luddite?

• Don't think so.

• I'm sorry. That's just so rude. I couldn't begin to imagine what his problem is.

• Thank you for your kindness.

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe he isn't used to this type of thing happening to him or he got the wrong message from you giving him your e-mail address. Usually people hand papers with numbers---so that look of disgust could have really been a look of confusion and you mistaken it for something negative.

• It would be nice to think so, but it was a true look of disgust with curled up lip and the flaired nostril.

• Nothing.

• oh well that's kinda. Well I think he thought you got the wrong message.

• He reacted that way because he is a jerk. When someone gives you an email address, its kinda obvious what the intention is.

• Maybe he doesn't use email. And calls or texts to communicate with others, so was confused with the email address.

• Maybe he doesn't like you in that sense. Maybe he sees you only as a friend.

I know it sounds horrible, sorry.

• Why would he be exchanging long looks with me every time I saw him if he didn't like me?

• Good question!