Going out for a celebratory drink with the guy I like, help!

I'm supposed to go out to drinks sometime this weekend with the guy I like. I've explained some things on here before that make me think maybe he has flirted with me a little and some of you said it does sound like he likes me. But that's not the point really. If we do end up going out to get a drink to celebrate the start of my summer, I don't want it to be awkward. I just want it to be easy and relaxing. I don't want him to think it's a date that I asked him out on. I had originally planned someone else going with us but she can't make it now so it will be just the two of us if he still wants to go. When I asked him to go I had told him the other girl (who is married) might be going too so when he agreed it wasn't just the two of us. I'm nervous, but I know once I see him I'll be fine, but I don't want to overstep my boundaries. I just want it to be a good time, I don't want it to feel like a date. But I don't know what to do to ensure it's not awkward or feels like a date. Does anyone have any tips or pointers to keep things light and happy?

Most Helpful Guy

• --Dress casually, but don't dress up like its a date

--If it turns out feeling like a date, let it be a date...you are more nervous about coming off easy or making your feelings be known so you don't want it to feel like a date although you kinda feel like it is. Just go with the flow, if he is a gentleman and knows how to show you a good time, the title of what exactly it was "a date" or "hanging out" shouldn't matter

--Tell him straight up as soon as you meet him that your friend couldn't come, explain to him why and just be cool about it.

--Have a few drinks but don't go beyond tipsy

--End the night early especially when things are going uber great, you want him thinking about you so don't spend the night away into the wee hours.

--Follow up with a text message saying "I loved hanging out with you! I had a great time thanks :-)" a text that doesn't provoke a response, and the less it does, the more inclined he will be to call or text you back.

Good luck

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0