Do you only like to text? Or do you prefer to call?

Personally I like talking on the phone better. It's just more efficient in my opinion and you can hear the person's voice and can pick up a lot of nonverbal cues that you can't pick up on through text

I really hate it when you call people and they don't pick up and then they text you

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer talking also.

texting gets annoying especially when a person keeps texting you repeatedly.

What Guys Said 6

• I text much much more than I call. I only call people when I have to.

@update lol I do that all the time!

• I don't like to talk on the phone at all. That non-verbal cue stuff doesn't matter to me. I do what your update says sometimes. lol

• I text a lot.. much more than I make phone calls. However, I wish the texting fad had never started. It's really annoying to be honest.

• Tell people you don't text.

• I didn't say I hate texting, I said I hate that texting became the big thing for communication.

Lots of my conversations stay pretty short so it's more convenient anyways. Maybe in the future I'll limit my texting :p I just hate a lot of the newer technology in general actually, even though I use it all.

• Texting is lame.

• I text all the time, in fact I rarely get calls. I mean instead of waking me up by calling me just to say " hey, what's up", just text, and I'll reply whenever I wake up... I never call my friends unless it's something urgent, and when I get a call from a friend, I know that it is. :)

• I prefer talking face to face. In the event I have to call or text someone, it's typically to set up a face to face meeting, so I really don't care.

I tend to be fine with IMs, though, because it allows me to multitask, whereas doing so while in a phone conversation is much more difficult.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't mind calling but I do text more. The only thing I don't like about calling is that there are more chances for awkward silences and I don't like being interrupted and that happens quite a bit with me!

• ALSO, cellphones can cause brain cancer because of the emissions so when I do call, I use speakerphone if possible!

• and ya that is true about silences and interruptions. But it arises from not being able to see that person's body language. Not being able to even hear that person's tone of voice makes texting an even lesser form of communication

• Yeah I'm the same- just in case it's true I'm not going to be sorry! Lol and yeah I understand but when you're not having a deep conversation, texting is okay and it can break the ice without awkwardness between a boy and a girl who are crushing! Lol it's also good for when you're in a loud room! But I agree, I would MUCH rather talk in person- ESPECIALLY when I have a crush on the guy since I want to be able to see his adorable face! (: Calling is good too, just whatever is most appropriate.

• i hate talking on the phone :/ I don't know why I always have. so I prefer texting. I only call when its something urgent or really important

• I don't like texting, I prefer talking to the person.

• Neither.

• text so you don't run out of things to say so quickly:)

• I prefer both, it's nice when someone sends you a text and it's nice to hear the persons voice.