Would you marry your first boyfriend/girlfriend?

Would you marry the first person you've ever been in a relationship with or would you dump that person because you want to meet new people and see what it's like to date someone else, even though your relationship with that person was going good?

• I love him/her so yes I would marry them
  • They're only my first boyfriend/girlfriend and I'm too young to settle down now as I've yet to know what it's like to be in another relationship
Thanks for all your answers! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the amount of years you have been together should be a factor. If it works when your 15 and it still works at 25 or 30 then yes I would definitely marry that person. As people get older they start to change and could be a completely different person 10 years later, if your still happy 10 years down the road one would think you'd be happy in another 10 yrs. Now I never really understood why if your happy you would want to see what else is out there, one would think you would be satisfied with what you have. If not there could be something lacking.

What Girls Said 14

• I think it depends. Are you asking this just hypothetically, or about the actual first person we dated? Because the first person I dated turned out to be a huge jerk, so no I would not marry them. If I could go back, I would have never dated that person :)

But my current boyfriend, yes I would marry him :) I love him with everything I've got :)

• The grass is not greener on the other side, if you have a good thing going don't screw it up. A good relationship is a rare thing.

• Can't vote for either as neither of them applies. But definitely wouldn't marry first love...we have both moved on in life! But if the question is to sre how many woud marry their first gf/bf. I know very few people who have. In fact all my friends are not with their first love...maybe second, but from what I see, majority of my friends have had a few relationships before settling down with the one

• I got back together with the guy I consider my first real boyfriend after a long time of not seeing him. Back in the day when we knew each other in highshool (it was actually really short but a really happy time for me) I wouldn't have considered it. -I wouldn't have considered marrying anyone!

Things are going great now, and I am pretty sure he is the guy I would spend my life with if there is such a guy.

• Honestly, I don't like to casually date people. I feel like it's too easy to get into a lot of drama and ruin friendships, so I wouldn't date someone unless I could see myself married to him in the future. I'm 18, only had 1 boyfriend because he's the only boy I've met that I've a serious relationship with.

• "I don't like to casually date people. I feel like it's too easy to get into a lot of drama and ruin friendships, so I wouldn't date someone unless I could see myself married to him in the future."

I feel the same way lol

• Well... I'm actually marrying my first boyfriend in July. He's been my first everything, and I love him.

• If I would marry particulary my first boyfriend? No I hate that guy.

In general I would marry my boyfriend tho, assuming I still love him.

My current boyfriend, has been my first for a lot of things, so he's kinda my first 'real' boyfriend and I'd def marry him someday in the future. assuming everything stay the way it is

• You never know who else is out there.

• Hell no.

• LOL, no

• I would marry my first love if I had the chance.

• I married my first real boyfriend but I didn't date until I was 24

• i would marry my first love/crush/guy I liked for a very long long time...yes! there were guys before him that I liked and had crushes on too, but he was the one I fell in love with and can never forget him.

• if it works with the first then great, if not, then no.

whether they are the first or the 10th, that doesn't matter

What Guys Said 6

• i wouldn't do this unless I was massively in love with the person , if I just liked them I think I'd still keep options open and date other people down the road

• No, never.

I'd like to avoid, at all costs, being cornered by a mid-life crisis when you're married and realized you've never been with anyone else. It's practically inevitable unless the person's brain is not developed enough understand such thoughts (which happens, some people are in a perpetual la-la land...)

You're between 18 and 24...

All I can say is follow your heart, but if you're having these anxieties NOW, I almost guarantee they will always be there and will be amplified with day you spend in the same relationship. I'm no wizard but I've been there and seen it happen TOO many times. It's never too late to settle in with a lover, but if you have even a slight conscious thought telling you to meet and experiment with other people, don't ignore it. Now is the time.

Hope this helped.

• You have a really good point. By the way, I'm still single and will probably stay single for a while. I was just asking this question hypothetically out of curiosity as to what a few members of the GaG community would do. And thanks for the tips anyway, I'll keep them in mind in future.

• No problem buddy :)

I figured it was just hypothetical, but hopefully you keep this in mind. Making that mistake can hurt a lot more people than just yourself! Some people just don't realize it, unfortunately.

• Yeah, good advice, man :)

• My aunt married her first boyfriend that she met when she was 14. They've been together for around 25 years and married for 15. My sister has been dating her first boyfriend for over 3 years now (she's 22). So I don't think there should be a stigma.

• I was quite ready to marry my first love, I mean, never officially, but when I was with her I was more than happy to think of being with her for life. Too bad she changed and is meh now :\ and can't be forgiven.

• I'd love to see how she is right now. This was back in kindergarten and I tried to look her up once but her name is very common and we all know it is difficult to find women again. She could have married, changed her name, etc.

• only as a spiritual thing. Marriage is a law contract, and law is a stupid thing created by people. Look at animals, read wikipedia on monogamy and you will see that its OK to have more sexual partners for those who choose so.

• Animals/beasts + wikipedia - love your references...

• I disagree with both person who disagree with me. Eduction, medicine are today things created by men for making huge profits only, the more ill people the higher the profit. We don't need to be rights give, we have it since we are born, and all animals have it without being written somewhere. About art I agree, and its a matter of preference indeed.

• Although I agreed with what they had to say about the Wikipedia reference and that fidelity is a matter of preference, I don't disagree with you. I know that marriage is a law contract and isn't necessary to prove your love to each other.