Would you marry/date a girl you're not attracted to?

would you ever go out with/ marry a girl your not attracted too?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the more you get to know someone the less you notice their so-called physical "flaws". as it becomes part of their personality and is over ridden by other subtle attractions you notice over time. but to answer your question no, since attraction is what brings and keeps people together. not just physical attraction but the whole package. in the early days of a marriage/serious relationships you need to be attracted in both ways. the sexual attraction is the intital glue in a relationship, but this hopefully sets over time as you become a part of each others lives and you love them wholly for they way they are, not for the way they look.

not speaking out of experience, but my parents have been happily married for 28 years and this is what they told me.

What Guys Said 4

• I can answer this question in context, as I just went through this.

OK, I went on a date a couple weeks back and had an AWESOME time! The girl was so funny and witty, and I absolutely Loved her personality. We shared the same music tastes, the same movie tastes, we were even the same religion (which is rare to find between Christians now-a-days). After the date was over, I never once thought to really pay attention to how she looked, I honestly was having to much fun with her. I had to admit to myself afterward that upon giving it some honest consideration/compromise, I just wasn't physically attracted to her (not to mention that she doesn't have a car and that SERIOUSLY wasn't helping). So, I ended up giving her the "friend speech" in light of the fact, I had to admit to myself that even though I would enjoy being with her, I would never really get used to the way she looked.

It's actually got me feeling VERY guilty right now because she seems to really be into me (still getting messages across Facebook) and although I like her, I have to keep reminding myself that being with her, would be like lying to myself.

• I know how you feel. I went to a Christian College. Some girls there decided it was their mission to set me up. They kept pushing me to go out with various girls whom I'm sure were very nice but I could not get attracted to (kinda made me sad cause it made me realize how everyone viewed ME by the types of girls they matched me with). Finally, I found a cool girl, got to know her, she wasn't "my type" but she turned me on anyway. I feel guilty about the others, but its wrong to string them along.

• Happy to hear that things worked out for you ^_^ I'm currently still single but I don't regret my decision, I feel as though both her and I were better off in the long run for it.

• Not unless there was something very special about her. Even then it may not last.

• my co-worker did once, but he's gay and did it to keep his parents in the dark... couldn't see any other reason. I couldn't have sex with a girl if I didn't find them attractive at all, and so that would kill the relationship pretty fast.

• nah

What Girls Said 1

• If he's getting sex, probably.