How to avoid the awkward first meeting with an ex?

We broke up 6 months ago. She broke up with me and started dating somebody else weeks later. We spoke a little after we broke up (always initiated by her) but I figure she got the message that I didn't want to be friends and we haven't spoken for 3 months. It still kinda bothers me how quickly she moved on (and with a mutual friend) but I'm quite happy getting on with my life without her around. We're both due to be attending a friends wedding weekend so is inevitable we will run into each other. My question is how to avoid the awkwardness as I'm through with all the drama. Should I contact her beforehand just to break the ice or just face it when I arrive. I don't want to be friends but I'm more than prepared to be civil. I'm not trying to snub her with NC just get on with my life and get over her. Would you rather here from an ex you decided to stop talking to to clear the air or would you care either way. I just want to be able to go and enjoy myself and avoid any awkwardness for me or for my my friends. But at the same time I'm not really interested in staying in touch again after the wedding!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just a casual hello should suffice I guess. Don't call her for ice breaking or any other sorts of breakings or else she might end up thinking that you still are affected about her feelings etc. Don't be rude but don't be too interested in her either. Just be unaffected by here presence and looks like y

What Girls Said 2

• have a glass of wine and just relax. lol everything will be fine. say hello and keep it moving. don't contact her before the wedding.

• act like you don't know them

What Guys Said 1

• I've often wondered how I'd act my first time around my ex after the break up. Part of me wants to ignore her completely, part of me wants to be civil and part of me wants just chew her out and call her every name in the book. You're situation,obviously, takes the last of the three out.

I wouldn't be the first to acknowledge the other person, let her do that. Also try to stay around other people, don't let her catch you by yourself, that leads to the most awkward moments. Lastly, just have a good time, pretend like it doesn't bother you that she's around. You probably already know all of this but it's probably what I would do given that situation.