Why would a guy ask to hang out but never actually hang out with you?

it's always the same thing

him:"wanna hang out"

me:sure"

him"tomorrow?"

me:sure"

and then tomorrow happens...no calls, no texts, no nothing from him . the day passes...still...nothing.

ok so he texted me saying "f*** (my name) I'm sorry about last night..i ended up going to a party it's just so hard to get a hold of you" and then "how are you:)" and then I was like "i'm good how are you?" and he said "same I really want to hang out with this girl named (my name) really bad. you know her ;)" and I said "no I don't think I do. how was the party?" and he said "good:)"

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he's done this repeatedly. If he was considerate, he would, at the very least, call you and let you know something happened and his availability changed. The fact that he doesn't do that is actually quite disrespectful.

I recommend following NothingLastsForever's lead in a way and ask for a specific time to hang out together. And here's a fantastic piece of advice I only wish I'd learned sooner: never make someone a priority, who only makes you an option.

Best of luck.

• Saw your update: If he really wants to hang out with you, why was he at the party instead of with you? Optionally, why didn't he invite you to the party?

• that's exactly what I was wondering...why wouldn't he invite me to the "awesome" parties he's been going to lately and how come he's blowing me off if he wants to "hang out with me really bad"

What Guys Said 1

• Because he's a flake and not worth your time.

What Girls Said 5

• He's probably testing you to see how needy you'd become, like to what extent you'd go to to see him.

Also, you never really set a time, you should either set a place or a time and then say "text me tomorrow with a time."

or simply say, "i'll meet up with you if it actually happens this time..."

• He probably hung himself

• lol

and what kind of self-serious Snorlax gave this a thumbs down

• I suppose one who doesn't appreciate my sense of humor or just hates me --- and there's many on this forum, believe me, cj.

• okay, going off what others said earlier and somewhat of what I said, it seems like he made plans with you as a backup plan so maybe you consider if this guys worth it, cause he seems to be a flake

• to string you along. he probably does the same with other girls so don't feel too bad. I have a friend like this, a friend I'm trying to cut all contact with since in the end he's not really my friend if he doesn't this to me too

• there's a possiblity of him just being polite and not really wanting to hang out. or he's just an ass and not worth your time. you could always try texting him the day your plans are and asking if he still wants to hang out.