Who should do most of the calling in a relationship?

Does it depend on how long you've been together? I've been dating my boyfriend for 2,1/2 years. At first he did all the calling and then it wasn't as much. When I question him about it he's just says he is busy and he is not trying to be disrespectful. He says he just has a lot going on right now? Should I just call him to let him know I'm interested or should I just back off and let him come to me? He also says he has some issues to deal with but he still wants to be with me. I just don't want to waste my time but at the same time I don't want no one else.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It's been 2 1/2 years and you still haven't figured something as simple as this out yet? That concerns me a bit...

But anyway, I think this and most things in a relationship should be about 50/50. Or somewhere not too far off from that ratio. If you let him call you all the time then he'll probably end up thinking you don't care enough to put in the effort. I'd say give him a call, even if he is incredibly busy, one call won't hurt. He'll probably be happy to know you're thinking of him. Guys usually only get annoyed if you're calling or texting him 24/7.

• Dear Anon Girl,

I believe your over-thinking this, I would call whenever I have a reason, even if it was a simple "I called cause I miss you", I would like to believe he would call if he had a reason too.

However if he's recently always been busy, I won't call at all and I'll text him (once) to call me when he's free and I'd also mention I just want to chat, nothing important. That way its up to him to call or not.

Sincerely,

IMAQT xx