Finding a guy this weekend! I need some help.

So my family is going camping until Monday for Memorial Day weekend. I am hoping maybe I will get to meet a boy there maybe have like a little "romance" while I'm there and then maybe continue the relationship even when I leave. I'm a little shy, but if I feel like if I find somebody interesting enough or worth it, I can over come that. any idea as to how I can accomplish that? finding a boy I mean. any of you ever met a boy/girl at a camp ground. something about the whole scenario just sounds so amazing. I need some advice or tips and maybe some encouragement. any places where teenage boys at campgrounds usually hang out? please and thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a seasonal site at a campground, so I am very experienced with getting "weekenders". You have to just walk up and talk to them! Seriously! I am very shy but they are usually really bored too, so I'm just like "hey, where are you from, or are you bored, want to hang out", just start a convo. My advice is get some cards or a game and say "i'm so bored, want to play some uno"? It's corny but it works! I have met some really great guys with just saying hey =] You both are there with your parents bored out of your skull, so you automatically have that in common. Just be warned most guys won't want something more than just a weekend fling, so be careful. If there is a reck hall or common area they congragate there. Arcades, beaches, and parks, are also common places to run into teenage guys. Also stay away from "seasonal" guys or people who own a camp site because they just want to scam on "weekender" girls.

• thank you! this helped a lot. the main thing I have to overcome is being shy. I hate it so much.

• Just remember that you only live once, so who knows what could have happened if you said hi?

• I feel like all the teenage kids here at the campground are already close friends.

What Guys Said 2

• which campground are you going to? it depends on the activites

• dont think too much otherwise you will not get any thing

What Girls Said 1

• You can't really "plan" romance. Ya it would be fun to meet someone but you can't really guarantee anything. Just keep an open mind and have fun with your family. If you meet someone you're interested in go for it. But don't expect anything or you could just end up disappointed. If there's a beach at your camp ground maybe start up a game of volleyball or something and invite people to play. Or if you see a group of people doing something don't hesitate to ask to join.