Text message question.

How long before it is safe to assume your text has been ignored? Anyone really not have their phone on 99% of the time during the day? Also is it better to call a little while after in case it is credit or let it be. How many girls routinely ignore text etc..

Most Helpful Girl

• well if its like the whole intire day.. then homiie your text was ignored ha ha it its just a couple of hours then she probably has something else to do.. I would say after about like 7 hours I would assume that she ignored your text. but also it deoends... if you just text her like hey and she doesn't reply...give it like 5 hours nd see watt happens. if its you guys are having a conversation and she just stops replying... I would say about like 6 hours. and yea but maybey privte..just to see if it goes straight to voice mail or she answers or what. if you call private and she answers just hang up don't say anything. and don't call her again unprivate or text her right after..just see what she does. maybey she didn't hear her phone ring when you text her and when you called her she payed attention to her phone and saw her text ya noee... well good lukk buddiiee

What Girls Said 6

• i usually respond right away. if the guy is just being annoying or I don't feel like talking because I'm tired or something I'll respond to them the next day

• Hmm, a day, especially if you know they're probably busy...

• i'd wait two days. I've responded to texts 2-3 days late because my phone is retarded. I'd call after 2 days just to see what's up.

• Same here.. Sometimes I don't get texts til a few days later, or I think I answer them so I forget about it.. Just wait a couple days and try again.

• more than a day

• I sometimes read a text when I can't answer it so I wait until later and if I don't answer it later it's because I forgot to respond to the text ha ha or I'm just feeling tired or lazy. I'm not a giant fan of texting (i'd rather talk to someone face to face) but you can't assume your text is being ignored because she doesn't like you or something.

• this comment doesn't make sense. If you are not putting any effort into it then why should he put any into texting you again. Lol you girls! The texting is just a way to help him get you in person.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't get ignoring text or forgetting to text a person back. Girls complain that we are not being a man and stepping up. Well he is texting you but you are the lazy one or the one not being a women by stepping up and texting back to show interest. Why would he show continue to show interest if you don't answer his text messages.