Is waiting for your first KISS worth it?

I am 17, and I haven't had my first kiss nor have I had sex yet. I don't necessarily believe in abstinence but I do believe that the first kiss and sexual experience should mean something. Should I stand by this ? or not care

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly man, that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. It's nice to know that a guy would wait to make his first kiss special. You should totally stand by it. Let's say you do get drunk some day and knock some random girl up, will you really enjoy that experience? What if you get her pregnant? Will you really want to share a child with her if you don't love her? At least if you know there's something truly special between you two it'll be worth it.

What Girls Said 2

• Kisses are like fine wine/cheese/food that ages well...

They only get better with experience, my first kiss was sweet and I'll remember it, but not my most favorite kiss. Do what's right, and follow your heart. Things tend to just flow when you are true to yourself and don't force or hold back things. :)

• I, personally, don't believe waiting for your first kiss to make it special. Everybody has awkward or sucky first kisses, and waiting for the perfect guy to share the first kiss with first is probably going to make you self concious and constantly wonder if you're a good kisser, or if he's turned off because you've never kissed a guy before. I had my first kiss when I was 14, and I'm so glad looking back on it now that I didn't wait so I had good experience and got over my self consiousness before I met the perfect person for me. :)

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah I'm kind of feeling the same way. So far it worked out miserably, but I guess it really all depends on what the end goal really is.

• Hell yeah you should stand by it, if in fact that is your beliefs about it.

• I never had a girlfriend until I was 18, and our first kiss was 2 days after I asked her out. It was definitely something I'll remember the rest of my life, and I'm still with her after a year, still waiting until we *cough her* are ready to commit to our first times.

I won't regret a single moment of it.

• so you meet this girl at a restaurant. she's cute, she seems into you. you ask her out on a few dates and after three you finally kiss. you have sex a while later, then she leaves you for some other guy.

was it worth it? do you really believer your gonna marry the first girl you kiss or have sex with? waiting for anything is a f***ing sham if you ask me. people don't give a sh*t if you waited or not for the "special" person. if they want something from you, maybe make another guy jealous, they were lonely for a couple months, they just wanted a guy to be with, once they have it you can say good bye. maybe it won't end horribly but when it does end, you'll be sad. unless you hated her of course, which is completely possible.

• er I guess you made an error when processing your age info to GAG?

Well I didn't have my first kiss until I was 18 so yeah.

• nah he just lied about it, trust me, I told him to put it above 18, guess I also shouldve told him that you seem creepier the older you are.