Do guys generally only befriend girls they'd consider dating?

Just wondering. Or at least, if they wouldn't consider dating them, "safe" girls?

Updates:
but what about guys who want to date girls by being their friend first?
oops

0|0
2|8

Most Helpful Girl

• Idk about dating. But I have found that guys only work at friendships with girls they're physically attracted and with whom they'd probably hook up if the girl was willing. You don't see many guys working hard at a friendship with a girl they have no attraction to. But women do this all the time.

2|1
    0|1

What Guys Said 8

• I'd c0nsider datbg most any woman, so the qustion doesn't ake sense!

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't befriend only girls I consider dating. but my preferred way to date girls is to befriend them first. then if they have some sort of attraction to me, we're already familiar and its easy(er) to ask them out.. that's mainly just because my experience with asking out girls that I'm not familiar with has been very negative

0|0
    0|0
  • nope. what is "safe" girls? girls are just as fun as guys to hand with. I might date a girl I think is attractive but if the chemistry isn't really there I am fine just remaining friends after.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I would befriend any girl as long as she is nice and friendly and not a b*tch. From my experiences it doesn't seem to work out when I befriend girls who I would like to date. I just end up gettig friend-zoned.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I never talk to women unless I'm interested in them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think men only befriend women they WOULDN'T consider dating.

0|2
    0|1
    • Only really lame schmucks try to go that route.

• No. I befriend anyone as long as they're not a douche or bitch.

1|0
    0|1
  • No. I'm friends with plenty of girls who are either engaged or in long term relationships just because they're fun to be around. I've actually had a couple of female friends of mine who I didn't want to date for various reasons come onto to me, and it really made things awkward.

0|1
    0|0
    • @update, I've been in the "best friend" situation before, but I didn't befriend her with the intention of dating her. I didn't want to date her until after I became her best friend.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm friends with guys that I haven't dated. I think it's normal for them to befriend girls that they wouldn't consider dating.

0|1
    0|0