Would you try online dating?

question above is pretty simple, so would you try it? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've considered it. Most of my friends who live close to me are Dungeons & Dragons/World of Warcraft nerds and I'm not, and my non-nerd friends live an hour away from me, so meeting women and dating are not exactly always within reach for me.

I used to think that dating sites were a last resort for desperate people, but I have been taking a different view on that lately, mostly because it seems people are less personal because technology is such a huge part of our lives these days (that is a whole nother discussion, though).

• How do they work, by the way? Do the website administrators match you up or do people talk in chatrooms and then two people just happen to click?

• haha omg that made me laugh so hard...yeah I know what you mean

• Yeah, I like the chatroom idea better. Kind of. I don't know, I could still probably do it, but I have to get passed my previously mentioned reservations about it.

What Guys Said 4

• I met my fiancee online, didn't mean to though, wasn't on a dating site. The lies people tell online are just as bad as the ones they tell at a club, except you don't get drunk and f*** them online, you are always in control to just turn that sh*t off.

• I would say maybe... because I met my ex online and we had a great relationship from it... unfortunately I'm skeptical as to how many people on there are who/what they say they are... I think I got lucky the first time I tried it... not sure if I'm willing to push my luck... lot's of the people on those sites are looking for quick hookups anyways...

• I've used it before. After a while of meeting girls who I can't even carry a conversation with I feel the need to have a website match me with someone. If I had money I would definately try eharmony or match. Why not? at least you know you are going to have stuff in common with the person. There is no better feeling than talking to someone and immediately connecting with them.

• I did already. It didn't work.

What Girls Said 2

• I met my boyfriend on a dating site, and we've been together almost 2 years now. There's no harm in trying it, but set yourself some ground rules first. When I first tried it, I had a friend of mine call me 20 minutes into the date to make sure that the guy wasn't a creeper...like one of the guys said, you never truly know who you are meeting when it's online. That said though, my boyfriend and I have a great relationship so it is definitely possible to meet your match online. Just be careful!

• No. There's something about status of a guy that I find really attractive and I don't think I'd allow myself to become attached to someone I didn't know in that sense - without meeting someone in person, there's a slight sense of vagueness and that would probably really bother me.