Would you date a guy if he was a perfect gentleman?

and happened to be a strong Christian and believed in abstinence?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends what you mean by "strong Christian." I'm a Christian too, but if by "strong Christian" you mean extremist Christian I think it could be hard to get along. I'm a Christian too but many of my friends aren't Christian, I like to go out and have fun though I'm not a wild partier, I like mainstream music and TV shows...it depends what kind of Christian girl you want to be with. I believe in abstinence too and it would be easier to be with a Christian guy who has the same values and is willing to wait, but at the same time I don't want to feel pressured by the a guy because I'm not always doing the "right" thing. I'd be worried abt what his family would think of me too. I do prefer a guy with Christian beliefs though.

What Girls Said 10

• Yeah but guys like that are usually unattractive or average.

• So you're saying you like that type of guy, but if he's not smoking hot you're gone? Wow...

• really? I've seen a lot of good looking Christian guys, plus looks will fade. How a guy treats you is what counts, whether he's Christian or not.

• I know a zillion good looking christian guys.

• Depends what you mean by a strong christian. Believing in abstinence, yes please! But if he thanks god for everything and always talks about god this, god that, and participates in youth groups, or tell me to go to church... omg get him away from me.

• No, I wouldn't date a Christian or someone who believed in abstinence.

• Yes if he was strong in his faith and is waiting till marriage that's almost the best part of a guys personality

• Ummm...YES. :)

• Yes, but I also agree with foreverme. Extreme would be to much.

• Heck yes.

• Obviously a female who is also a strong Christian and believes in abstinence would love to date you.

• No. I don't plan on waiting until marriage so that would be a dealbreaker.

• straight up...? No

What Guys Said 2

• Christian, yes. Strong Christian? Nooo way.

• I think people are misunderstanding what it means to be a "strong Christian." Somebody can be strong in their faith AND "know how to have a good time." They can go out and have a good time, maybe even drink in moderation (depending on a person's views on that), enjoy non-Christian music, movies, books, and T.V. shows, and get along perfectly well with people who aren't Christians without driving them away by constantly trying to convert them.

They will think that their faith is the most important thing in life, though, so it's probably best not to date them if you're not a strong Christian yourself. It makes sense, if you think about it - why would somebody who believes that they have a clear set of instructions from an omnipotent, omniscient deity who is the source of all love NOT follow them?