You have 10 hours to go until an exam you are 90% sure you will fail?

what would you do? would you bother to revise for those 10 hours and hope for a miracle? or would you just stop and focus on another exam that you have for a later date which you have a better chance of getting a good grade for...

Lets say I think I can get 30-40% and need a 50-60 % to pass. Exam is on thermodynamics if you are interested.

Thanks for the advice, after some thought have decided to just skip the exam. If I am lucky I will get the minimum grade or very close to it, but more than likely I will fail it, there is literrally no chance of me getting a decent mark. There is a resit in 3 months where I am sure I will ace, but it is capped at the mininum grade. It is unfortunate but it is the smartest option.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends how much time you have to study for the other exam. I'd study for the one you have tomorrow if the other exam is much later. Any little bit of information will help. Thermodynamics isn't too bad. I'd suggest looking up notes online if that helps. Reading from the book won't do much good if you don't have a lot of time. Good luck.

What Girls Said 2

• i have been in your position 3942093842309 times. and it's a truly sucky place to be. anyways...i would revise and hope for a miracle. just walking in with that little bit of knowledge will make you feel better... do your best to remember the formulas...and good luck!

• I study like hell. I can't do any worse, can I? I study for another two hours, then get 2-4 hours of sleep, then study until I feel comfortable and/or have to take the exam. This has never failed me.

What Guys Said 3

• Was in this situation a few semesters ago. I just forgot about, skipped the exam, and studied for another class. Retook it the next semester and got an A.

• i can learn an amazing amount of material in ten hours so I would just commit everything I can till memory, and thermodynamics isn't to difficult you can learn it in ten hours

• What engineering you do? This is an advanced thermodynamics course combined with fluids. Imagine dimensional analysis, dynamic similarity, frictional head losses, linear momentum equation, centrifugal pumps, heat transfers, heat cycles, Thermo 2nd Law, heat pumps, etc.. no equations are given. This exam covers just about every single topic you can ever think of for thermo and fluids.

• and to add on top the teacher is a complete prick who sets the hardest possible questions on his exams.

• First thing I'd do is get off the web.