Why did my ex call me after I broke up with him?

After having a long distance relationship for about 20 months, I broke up with my ex-bf. He had broken up with me in the past, saying that he couldn't handle a LDR and that I was too good for him and that he didn't deserve me. We got back together after some initial breakups and he told me that I was the "one" and he would never be stupid to break up with me. Time went on and I realized he is an alcoholic and I'm pretty sure he had cheated on me while we were together. He moved in with a coworker and thus his alcohol abuse just got worse. We would have arguments while he was drunk and then he wouldn't remember the next morning. By the end of the relationship, I was fed up with everything; the last week of the our relationship, he would only call me at 12 or 1 in the morning (most likely when he got home from drinking or in between bar hopping or whatever). I'm sure he was drunk every time I talked to him that last week. Anyway, the night I broke up with him, he was yelling at me for talking to his parents about his alcoholic problem and that it was none of my business and that I had no right to accuse him of being an alcoholic. I broke up with him. The next morning, he texts me: "Hey I don't remember what we talked about last night. I was too drunk to remember". Of course it was sarcasm and I was initially too dense to see it at the time. I later texted him back saying that I broke up with him. I never contacted him nor did he; after 3 months, he called me at 12:30am. I wanted to answer, but I didn't. I figured he was probably drunk or whatever. I didn't call him back; I figured if his phone call was important he'd contact again. Guys, I'm wondering why he called?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well he was either drunk like you said... Sad enough as it is... Or he realized he made a mistake and was guna try to tell you some story of getting his act together ect.. Or he is just playing the calling card to see what you have to say... And to be honest if he thought you where the one he would have done something about his addiction or at least tried.. Or when you broke up with him he would of done whatever it takes to get you back.. But that's just me.

What Guys Said 2

• drunk

• lonely

What Girls Said 0