What do you prefer from the opposite gender - a hug or a kiss on the cheek?

And why?

Just curious...in some cultures a kiss on the cheek is too much But where I come from I get it even in job interviews and its not for a stripper position lol

So I just wanna know the meaning and the preference for different people...

• I prefer a kiss on the cheek
    7% (1)42% (5)22% (6)Vote
  • I prefer a hug
    93% (14)58% (7)78% (21)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Could I just add if the person from the opposite gender is attractive to you does your preference change?

0|0
6|6

Most Helpful Guy

• around here kisses on the cheek are like basic for of greeting its considered polite at least between man women and women women between 2 men its mostly handshake but hugs are more personal I would find it weird if a stranger gave me a hug but its more personal to give one something for between friends

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• If I find the other person attractive, then I would definitely prefer a kiss, particularly if SHE initiated it. For some reason, a kiss sticks in year memory and you think about it longer than a hug. But what is even nicer is a kiss followed by a warm hug. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Hug, I never see girls or guys kiss on the cheek if there friends at our school

0|0
    0|0
    • Really? That's so odd to me...i guess these kiss on the cheek is a latin and french thing...

• @update well of course I'd want a hot girl to kiss me on the cheek

But no one really does that here

• Really I had no idea thank god you told me...people would think I am all slutty when I was in Uk lol

• A hug. Cheek-kisses are a little awkward, at least in my opinion.. A hug is always more warm, and comforting. =]

0|0
    0|0
  • A big old snuggly hug :P kiss on the cheek seems meh.

0|0
    0|0
    • I was about to like this comment but then I realized you're a guy.

• lol, what? Don't like a hug/snuggling/whatever? It's nice and comfortable. A kiss on cheek seems like something you give to a family member.

• Neither.

0|0
    0|0
    • You don't like any?

• Show All
    • Serious trouble? I wouldn't cause a scene or anything.

• I meant you would feel uncomfortable that's all

What Girls Said 6

• A hug, for sure. What if the guy had acne or really bad breath? D:

1|0
    0|0
    • Thats true... Been there done that... And its just awfull to kiss some people But that's what we do here sometimes both cheeks or for Old people 3 as they say the 3 is for you to get marry...

• the middle eastern side of my family kisses everyone on the cheek when saying hi and bye. I'm still not entirely used to that but I do it when I'm around them. but I definitely would prefer a hug :)

1|0
    0|0
  • A hug...:)

0|0
    0|0
  • i prefer hugs ..they are just "warm"

0|0
    0|0
  • A hug :D but I haven't been kissed on the cheek so I can't really compare them :)

0|0
    0|0
  • kiss

0|0
    0|0