How do you tell if a guy likes you through texts?

So I like this guy who I text and I'm a lot and he always uses exclamation marks and we will message each other for hours at a time, when I get offline the get back on he puts a smiley face and exclamation mark but he sends me mixed signals...

Most Helpful Guy

• if you talk for hours seems like more of a point then the smileys. don't think mixed signals first consider a situation like you running into him at school think of the how he acted latley and go with the most consitant action either sign of him flirting or not that's my advice

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• ask him out. you can' tell from just texting

• Before my boyfriend and I were together he would text me pretty often...pretty often meaning the second we got out of school to when we went to bed haha. Soo, if he's taking the time to text you for hours at a time then that's a pretty good sign. Plus, if he's the one starting the conversation, or if it seems like he's trying to get to know you better than those are all good signs that he likes you...hope this helps!