Weird text from boyfriend, should I be suspicious?

My boyfriend and I have hit a road bump in our relationship. However, we have been civil to each other and we are actually just emailing about this weekend. Ten minutes after an email from him he texted me "How are you babe?". Why would he ask me how I am doing when we literally just discussing plans for this weekend? I told him I was confused by his text and he didn't respond. I'm assuming that text was directed for someone else. Should I be suspicious? Do I have a right to get upset?

Most Helpful Girl

• i do think that is odd, women have good intuition and if you feel like something is just fishy and not right then you have every right to voice it and communicate with him, tell him how you feel

if he wanted to text you to make you feel better or just switch from email to texting, you don't start off with how are you babe, he shouldve picked up the convo from where you left off in the email...how are you babe is for a freshly sent text to a new person...

i don't think your being paranoid at all, your looking out for yourself and there's nothing wrong with that, you're wise

What Guys Said 4

• Or...he might just be concerned that the relationship has "hit a road bump."

If I texted "How are you babe?" and then received a "I am confused by that" response, then I would be more than just confused myself...

In my opinion, you should reread your last two questions and ask yourself why you even feel the need to ask them. Stop making a mountain out of an anthill.

• agreed. I think he's just checking to see how she's really doing.

• Instead of texting, talk to him. You'll find it works better for clearing up confusion.

• dont be upset just be aware that he's obviouslly mistaken you for someone else , if you were emailing him back and forth at the moment then he definatlly messed up unless he got tired of emailing and decided to text you...dont assume ,just try and figure it out and ask about it before you make the wrong move

• Maybe he was trying to be nice and fix things up. When you text back he realized it may not be a good idea? I don't know, just a thought. I wouldn't read too much into it though (:

What Girls Said 10

• it sounds alittle suspicious!

maybe you should have told him why exactly you are confused about his text! I think guys prefer direct talk than hints!

i think if he had sent you a wrong text which was directed to some1 else then when you had told him that you are confused...he would try to bring excuses and explain why he sent you the text(while he was actually sent it to some1 else but he would try to convince you about the text you received to don't relief you from the confusion)

but when he didn't reply back, its like he is confused too ( like he was not trying to send it to another one and was just trying to ask how you are doing and make things better, but it makes things worse and he couldn't understand why)

so I think its better to focus on your problems straightly and as long as you didn't see any other suspicious thing from him you shouldn't be worried :)

• Anything is possible. When your going to send a text message the person that appears is the last person you text. If there not then you have to choose them from your contact list. I don't think it was a mistake. But it is weird you were communicating through email and then he text you to ask if your ok? Guys do some weird things. They say girls play games, hmm. :\

• I think you may possibly be paranoid because you are having some problems in your relationship. It happens...be careful with suspicions, especially at this time in your relationship, it could make things much worse. Keep communication open, stay calm and listen to each other with your hearts not just your ears.

• Very well put. I think when relationships are rocky, suspicions run high. Try to remain calm and objective. Good luck

• ... I don't know how that sounds at all suspicious but... I guess I'm not the jealous, suspicious girlfriend type. XD

• Sounds Like he was just trying to make conversation. Guys sometimes suck at it? I myself would have not been brought to suspicion just by that though at most I would have gone with it. Or I would have been like I'm the same since five minutes ago hen you were emailing me silly boy . but nothing to the extent of thinking he's up to no good.

• There's a difference between plans for the weekend and how you're doing. If you guys had already finished emailing, maybe he wanted to text you and check up on you. Talk to him before you jump to conclusions.

• Yes, I would be suspicious. It sounds like he is talking to someone else considering that once you responded regarding your confusion, he did not respond back. I don't know about getting upset because there is a chance this is not what it seems and you have nothing else to go on. I would want more than just that before I approached my boyfriend about another woman. Overall I think our gut instinct as a woman will tell you a lot. Considering you are in a rough spot with your relationship there could be any number of little things that pop up that will lead you to have a feeling that things are not right. In the end it is more about whether you two are connecting and he seems very interested in making things work than about whether he is seeing someone else. A man who is pursuing another woman will leave many little clues that he is not focusing on you.

• tough call...it could be another girl...or it could be that he was trying to reach out to you in a guy flirty way.

• Maybe he just wanted to switch from email to texting. Or maybe he genuinely wanted to know how you are.

But the fact that he didn't respond after you texted him back IS a little odd...

• i think you have the right to be suspicious,because it was pretty obvious that the text was meant to be sent to another person;however he could have done this just to see how you would react or just to get you to be jeaolous

• I don't think it is obvious at all. There are numerous reasons why he would send her a text like that. With the way cell service works at times he may have sent that text minutes before they had spoke...I've had text take forever to make it through and sometimes not at all.

• well maybe you are just a little too naive..