Girls would you consider dating me from my personality?

i'm not sure how to describe myself well here or what I'm asking, but here goes. apparently I "look like" (aka stereotyped as) the kind of guy who is social. like someone who was popular in high school (I was in fact one of the "cool kids", not that it matters though). I have always been on the quiet side however. as I grew older I became even more reserved. I'm by myself a lot and I can go out to places alone (like out to eat). I have no problems with it or feel awkward, I do it all the time. I don't dislike people, I just don't care to be so social...it almost feels like a waste of energy sometimes. then again I still blend in and hang out with all sorts of people. even those guys who think they're hot sh*t and are assholes to everyone are cool towards me and invite me to hang out with them. basically, I am a loner, but I fit in. do you know guys like this? I can only think of one friend who is like me too. would you consider dating a guy like this? why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• No.

You're a quiet reserved loner.

That is quite enough for me to pass on.

• what if I'm not reserved towards you because I'm actually interested in you?

by the way, I see you post a lot and in one person's question and you said that to avoid guys, you make yourself look like you're in deep thought. sounds like you're a bit reserved. you apparently have a lot to say though judging from all your posts, and I'm sure you would be willing to share with a guy you're interested in.

what if I'm the same way?

• I don't avoid because I'm reserved I avoid because guys are either annoying, wasting my time, or harassing when they approach.

Completely different.

You're not social /= I don't want my life intruded on & interrupted

Unless you open up quickly unlike a lot of quiet reserved loners I'll pass.

• i do open up, and I am active with girls who I think are worth approaching. if anyone approaches me and talks to me though, I have no problems talking to them, or hanging out. also I have a presence, I just don't speak when I don't need to. I have a wider set of friends, including groups of people who are very exclusive about who they associate with. with all that said though I enjoy being by myself.

that =/ not social. maybe you should give me a chance ;)

What Girls Said 5

• if you make the effort to approach girls and don't wait for them to come to you then yeah, I would consider it, like tohrment said, loner isn't really a factor, girls don't usually date guys to make friends with their friends. its the other stuff is important, and some silence is such a nice thing, more important that being able to talk all the time, I think.

• my brother-in-law is exactly like that. he's a really chill guy and people like him, but he doesn't really like going out or doing social things. my sister married him, and I'd be happy to find a guy like him, so you're all set, as long as you are a nice guy.

• You sound like my ex, so yes ha I would date you. Its attractive that you get along with all sorts of people, (hint: you have a better chance of getting along with my family and friends). It's also attractive that you are confident enough to go out alone, nothing is grosser than a guy who needs a girl to complete him (ew even writing that). At the end of the day, I am introverted and it's nice to have someone understand the fact that I value being by myself because you clearly enjoy being alone as well. Basically you're perfect because you don't need constant human attention to feel okay, but because you can be social it assures me that you aren't socially awkward or creepy. As long as you can find a girl who understands this, she will date you. However just know that at first glance girls usually eye the "Alpha male" or whatever. Those never last though.

• Lol you're right with everything you said. And yes the loud annoying guys can get eyed before me sometimes lol. These are the same guys I mentioned wanting me to hang with them lol. Like the quiet guy in their "alpha" crew lol. I've been considered "strong and silent" type but yes this causes some girls to look past because they assume I'm boring or have no skills or talents or whatever

• I say as long as you're not quiet around me, meaning a guy who can't contribute to a conversation. Especially since I don't consider myself a very talkative person, I really hate when I have to push myself to cover awkward silences or keep things rolling. I would say the social aspect of my personality is exactly like yours so I definitely wouldn't mind a person like you.

• Whether or not a guy is a loner isn't really a factor I consider in a potential partner. It's more about humour, intelligence, open-mindedness and chemistry. I don't find being quiet a bad trait, or a turn off - if that helps?

What Guys Said 1

• Im the same way sorta, I don't go out to clubs or bars offen. I don't enjoy talking to people I don't know "or do know lol". I'm just easily disapointed by people. Pretty much just antisocial, but girls don't seem to care. They seem to like it if anything... I've had more then a few girls come and start a convo with me, and or ask for my number. Good luck