Do people judge me if I only date younger guys?

I'm a 16 year old girl, and I have only dated guys about 3 years younger than me. I always fall for the younger ones, and I don't know why. people always call me a pedophile and stuff, but I don't get it, I mean its not like you choose who you fall for right? so is this really that weird? should I try to stay away from younger guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• You DO chose who you fall for. You can't chose who you're attracted to.

So saying it's out of your control is no excuse/explanation. I would say as such a young age (well, my age) that 3 years is a bit too much. Our school has adopted the 'two year rule' when in comes to inter-year dating. Even then, it's a bit odd seeing a 16 year old and a 14 year old dating, because let's face it, they've most definitely had sex.

What Guys Said 2

• At that age...that's definitely off-kilter. The difference between 16 and 13 is not the same as the difference between 20 and 17 or whatever.

• Well it's certainly unusual, but I am not sure why it would be a problem.

What Girls Said 1

• in a way I don't get why you would want a guy younger than you, in my opinion they are so inmature and don't know what they want. I'm the complete opposite to you. I tend to have this thing for older guys, only if they are 3 years older than me because I don't want a really old one. my boyfriend just turned 19 years old and I'm abt to be 17, he's older than me by 2.5 years. we have so much fun together when it comes to going out to places and what I love about this guy is that we been together for almost 6 months and he still hasn't said anything about sex!

you should try dating a guy older than you but remember not too old! but don't date guys younger than you at least not 3 years younger that's so weird! :P

• Well I have tried dating older guys like 2-3 years older than me, but I'm just not attracted to them at all. I have been trying for like ever, I always end up with the younger guys. not the immature ones though, I don't like that.

• well I guess we all have a type after all. good luck with that!(: