Should I just text first or call and ask her to hang out?

This girl I really like recently gave me her number, we know each other fairly well and talked every day in class (schools done now) and I feel like she's interested. I really want to ask her to meet up for ice cream or lunch or something (via call) but don't want to come on too strong either and wonder if texting and generally chatting that way would be a better idea?

Most Helpful Guy

• Give it time... texting her within 24 hours of getting her number is weak sauce. Give it at least a couple days, then text her asking if she has plans for [Day of the week]. Then ask if she wants to go for lunch/coffee/whatever. Don't invite her to a movie, concert, or anything else that requires hours of contact, because she'll probably be less likely to accept the offer.

Make it a small thing, chat about your grades or what you think of your teachers or whatever, something you both can relate to, and see how it goes. If it goes well, ask if she wants to meet up again. Again, make sure it's not something that takes hours of contact. If she says yes, tell her you'll call or text her to do something else when you know what day you'd be free. If you're feeling particularly brave, invite her out to something else right then, provided you know what that "something else" is.

What Girls Said 1

• text say hey what's up or how are you this is you know your name and just talk chit chat for a little bit than easssse in the question and ask her..trust me she's like it..she probably been waiting for awhile... I know I still am damn it ..good luck :)

What Guys Said 1

• I'd say wait a couple of days and then call her and don't stress about the conversation too much, just get to the point and save any big talking for the date. Calling her will show more confidence than a text, this is a good lesson for life in general.