Why has he disappeared?

So... I met this guy online (I'm 27) we started emailing each other at first for the first 2 weeks. Then started texting the last 2 1/2 weeks. So to make a long story short we were maybe texting each other every single day by taking turns. One day he would start the convos and the next day I would. I thought we were really hitting it off since our convos would flow and we would ask each other the same amount of questions. The only thing is that he does live in orlando and I live in Tampa which is about an 1hr and 25 min away. Well since I've gotten to know him for the past month I figured that when he's ready, he'll eventually want to meet me. So last week (Sunday) he mentioned it again and said that he can tell I'm already a great person and that he'd like to meet me (through text). I then mentioned that I could tell that the distance kind of bothered him and he replied " lol only because it takes a couple days of planning but I will think differently and meet up whenever, what are you doing Saturday? what time do you get off?" so... I said that I was off and he mentioned that maybe we can meet at the hard rock and I said yes I'm sure you know where that is and he said "yes, but we'll make definite plans during the week" then I replied "definetly". I Haven't heard from him since Sunday and it's now thiursday night. what happened? was it the distance, the planning? what?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not the only girl that he is talking to. I don't think is about the distance at all because you guy are not that far from each others. I think right now he finds another girl more interesting than you.

What Guys Said 1

• With online dating you can't really put any stock in the people you talk to until they are actually in your life and being caring. I've met a lot off girls off dating sites and I've learned to not take them seriously until we've dated for a couple weeks because people are basically just shopping for partners and with the slightest bump in the road they'll jump ship and move on without a peep. It's sh*tty when you're a considerate person.

What Girls Said 1

• Have you tried to make contact with him since Sunday? I wouldn't try and meet up if you haven't even spoken on the phone yet. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket like Quadrophonic84 is saying. If he is already showing disinterest move on!

• I haven't tried to contact him since it's not in my nature to persue a guy. When he said "yes but we'll make definite plans in the week" , I figured it wasn't set in stone yet and wasn't sure. My intuition literally told me to take a step back and see what happens. Besides, I haven't mett this guys yet and I know I didn't do anything wrong so I can't take it personally .