GIRLS - Call or text first?

Girls- when you give a guy your number, would you rather he call you or text you first? Also would the amount of time you and the guy already spent around each other/talking in person influence this? Also how long do you generally want to text/call each other before becoming interested in doing something together?

Part two(ish)

My reason for asking is because this girl who I've been in class with and talked to for months gave me her number, so I called to make plans, but she didn't answer or respond at all, and I'm just wondering if maybe this was coming on too strong?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if me and this so called guy had a really like fun time together with a lot of talking or uhm even action, then a call would be pretty nice actually. If we only quickly met and talked for a brief period, then a text would be better. So the amount of time spent talking to each other would influence to some extent. I don't generally see that there should be a specific time to wait to organize something. If it's for the next day, cool, if it's for the next weekend, cool. So making plans to do something together is up to the person who wants to do something.

Part 2: How many times did you try and when? It could be that she was busy.

• Once, and at like 1 and she didn't respond at all (two days ago) I think I might just wait a few days and just text her to take it slow

What Girls Said 5

• Depends on if you called her the same day or not. Some girls give the guy their number just to give it to them. That's their way of showing interest. I prefer texting at first, then when yall get really confortable, call her every once in a while. but don't call every day because that is slightly annoying.

• def text, and the amount of time spent together has nothing todo with this. texting is basically speaking without all the akwardness of the blank.

• Seeing as how I already messed up by calling her, should I still try texting her, and how long should I wait? And lastly, should I just act like the phone call never happened?

• well, how many times have you tried calling her, cause you don't wanna look like a crazy stalker right ? and how long ago was that ? but yeah if she didn't answer don't talk to her about her not answering in your text, it would be weird

• I would want them to text me so they won't know how I'm feeling if I'm sad or happy on the phone,just makes things awkward inless there a really good friends and you don't care what they think.

• text

• text. its less awkard

What Guys Said 0