Am I normal? I'm 19 and nobody has ever asked me out yet.

Not even a fling. Friends tell me maybe because I look snob, but I am not. I'm actually very friendly.

and please tell me if I have to change anything from my attitude to looks or whatever.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe it's your turn to ask the guy? It's not that bad or embarrising, you don't even have to call it a "date" =)

Go girl!

• just thinking of it embarass me...

• It might, if it gets awkward! Therefore, you have to make sure you make a friendship with him (in school/work) so it won't get awkward. Don't be shy! ^ ^

How can you expect people to ask you out if you yourself can imagine how it feels?

• hey thanks! just realized that :D

What Guys Said 7

• You could ask a guy to come with you to see/do something with just the 2 of you, and whatever you do, don't tell them "no it's not a date". try a shy geeky guy, he'll almost definitely be a nice single guy who would love to go out with you.

perhaps in general you need to do more to let guys know you're single and interested in them. This can be as simple as spending time with them and talking with them.

Guys hate asking a girl out in front of other girls and guys

so try to ensure that you spend at least a few moments alone with them, one at a time. Such as going with one of them to help carry a round of drinks back to your group. If a guy asks you to do something that you'd have you alone with either himself or another guy, agree to it.

That's as long as he's not the abusive type of guy

• You must live in the Villiage Idiot capital of the world, because you couldn't be much better lookin.

• yeah I must be an idiot I didn't get your answer...

• oh, thank you very much! you gave me a headache.

• You mustn't get into the habit of always having a headache quite yet. At least wait until someone asks you out first.

• I'm 23 and never had a girlfriend, every girl I have asked out has rejected me or they were taken already

• many of my friends have also never been asked out, I guess its because they are waiting for the right person to come into their lives

• Pretty normal.

• That's normal. Sometimes you have to do it yourself. I'm 21 and have no experience. I mean that very literally.

• What do you look like? What's your style like? Maybe you come off as intimidating.

What Girls Said 3

• That is pretty normal. Anyway, I have a friend whose coming up to 30 and his never been in a relationship, but then you could say it's his own fault for being too afraid to ask a girl out.

• I don't think you can change who you are as it wouldn't really be you. If you think your attitude is generally bad, then you may want to change, but otherwise carrying on being yourself. Also, it's not all about looks. Maybe you could try asking a guy out, as they might feel you're too good for them etc to approach you.

• thanks a lot!

• You seem to want a relationship. I never wanted one. I just had a crush on a guy from far away since I was 16. But I didn't want a relationship because I thought it was going to lead to marriage and then take opportunities away from me such as school, living where I wanted to, exploring the world etc.

I mean, I got asked out by guys and got guys to come see me a lot but I said "no".

Maybe you just need more people to go out there (your friends) and tell others that you are nice and single and looking. Then guys will ask you for your number to come see you. Go on a few dates with the guys (and if you are traditional, ask the guy to ask your dad's permission).

• umm, not exactly looking forward for a relationship, I'm just curious, super. I'm the only one in the group that has never been asked yet.

• Will you go out with me?

I just asked you out :p

• hahaha! thanks, at least someone has asked me out.

• Anyways why not try asking a guy out?

• I'm really scared I might get rejected...